Wednesday, January 04, 2023

A New Year's This And That





"So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."   ---1 Corinthians 10:31


******


1.) We have choices! Our days can feel heavy with complaining or we can happily fix the fixable challenges and enjoy the rewards.


(Here's an extra tip: each year use some of your Christmas or birthday gift card money for items which will improve your future.)


2.) Chantel shared a Read Your Bookshelf Challenge! I'm considering following it for fun. Here you go, it's cue'd to where she begins her goals. This is a great way to finally read your unread books or those you'd enjoy reading again.


3.) Speaking of books, here's a Kindle one which helps me stay organized, that is, when I actually use it. ツ   Simple, but helpful ideas.



4.) Own an air-fryer? Be sure not to leave it plugged-in, ok? Far too often, this has happened. (Yikes!)



"Ughhh, the one thing i wanted to tell everyone in my last post, but I forgot to tell you
😔 My mind's not working right yet. But, what caused this was our air fryer. We left it plugged in and when the electric came back on, it surged through it. We even had it plugged into a special outlet for protection- it failed😢 Anyway what i wanted to tell you was the fire inspector said this was the 6th air fryer fires he’s had to do, they (firefighters) are trying to get air fryer companies looked into because of all the fires. So please unplug your air fryers when not in use." --- Cindi Jennings, June 18th, 2022


5.) Okay, this isn't pretty, but it works for me. ツ 
My (new-to-me) most-used recipes are taped inside the kitchen cabinet beside my stovetop. When I need one, I hang it from the bottom edge of the door and with the light backing it, I don't even need reading glasses to read it.  



6.) Attention crafters! Have you heard of the 'For the Love of Paper' books? Here's a list of them at Amazon and here's a video where you get to peek inside one. Colorfully inspiring! 


7.) Frankly, I'm still recovering from the tragic stories due to our blizzard and people venturing needlessly outside. 
Please, please, please never do that! 
Have what you need inside your home before the storm rages. Seriously prepare ahead. If you've forgotten something, make do until the storm passes. 
If you can skip traveling to work that day of the expected storm, do it. If you can't and your boss won't let you leave early? Leave anyway. 
It's better to lose your job than your life.
That all sounds dire, but seriously, my heart is still healing from the few stories I allowed myself to read. Truly, this is life or death stuff.


8.) These inflationary days? Prepared, convenience food prices have skyrocketed. If we truly need to save money we can say no to laziness and yes to a willingness to cook meals, snacks, desserts, ourselves. To seek out inexpensive recipes online or in those dusty old cookbooks upon our shelves. 
And as I've shared before, whenever I'm strugging with the 'want to' of anything, I pray, "Restore unto me the joy of _____" and amazingly, this always works, perhaps because I expect it to. 
Always believe your prayers will be answered!


9.) Did you know there's a town in Alaska where everyone lives in just one building? I found this video fascinating (but your results may vary. heh.).



10.) Now, I lean toward lots of color in decor, but oh my. This young lady created a most beautiful nuetral-themed apartment in NYC. I loved everything. Wow.




This year of 2023, let's see how many new ideas we can imagine and also learn from others!

And to end this, here's a little reminder that spelling matters! シ 






******




Please remember: My posts are always about more than they appear to be. 

 *** 

 "For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." ... Matthew 6:14,15

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Lots of good suggestions in your post Debra and I have seen a video on that building in Alaska. Pretty interesting. I guess you would know your neighbors well. :-)
That air fryer thing is scary. We do have one but never leave it plugged in. I hope the companies can figure out what's wrong with them and get it fixed.
Take care my friend.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Susan Humeston said...

Oh my!! I enjoyed all the videos you linked. Through you I found out about the Ariel videos and LOVED her. Now I watched the video about Whittier and was fascinated - LOVED when Jeanette prayed with the man that made the video. You take me on such lovely adventures that I just adore. Thank you SO much!!!

Pam said...

You find so many wonderful videos! I started watching the one about Whittier and want to get back to it. Thank you for sharing so many stories with us.

Oh Debra, I can't keep chuckling about the sign "Please use tongues to pick pastries." Don't you wonder how long that sign was posted before someone corrected it???