Thursday, January 20, 2022

Snowed In, But Still Traveling


"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change."   ---James 1:17


******


After midnight on Sunday, two feet of snow fluttered down upon us. Enter a travel ban, no mail delivery on Monday and not until 2 days later did a real snowplow rumble past.

But you know? When I wasn't at our windows watching drivers spin their tires and (frustratingly) grabbing snow shovels from their backseats, I was reading stories of people who left homes and began adventures. 

Also, I ventured outdoors via Youtube videos-- to deserts, Route 66, the Lincoln Highway. I even time-traveled to the 1800's(!)

How grateful I feel for all God's gifts, ones He places inside folks, not to hoard, but rather (for example) to freely fling to the 'stuck ones' like us who are winter-housebound. God's kindness blows me away.

Let's all share ourselves today. 

Personally? Encouraging folks is my favorite activity/calling. "What else, what better thing is there for me to do?" I ask myself.

What else, indeed? 




"Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."   --- Luke 6:38


Feeling free or stuck; it's our choice.


A grateful heart will help us through almost everything.


******




Here you go: some pleasant places I traveled this week--


Videos:

Through My Lens (the ones where he traveled Route 66, Highway 50 and to Yosemite for the Fire Fall with his dad are my favorites)








Books:




Chewing The Cudd  (can be read here)






Be of good cheer? Really? Even in 2022? Most certainly YES!!



Oh! And have you found your Valentines to send this year?








Please remember: My posts are always about more than they appear to be. 

 *** 


 "For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." ... Matthew 6:14,15

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Hi Debra: Are you still snowbound? It was -6F here this morning but had warmed up to -2F by the time Zoey and I went to the airport to pickup Dennis. It's good to have him home again. I confess. I worry about him flying around with all of the germs but what can I do. I prayed a LOT. I think I kept the angels busy guarding him from all kinds of things. Planes, snow, cars snow plows and germs! :-)
We watch a lot of youtube travelers and several have done the Lincoln Hwy and Route 66. I had never heard of the Lincoln Hwy! I really appreciate Youtube. It entertains us a lot.
Have a lovely afternoon my friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

Pam said...

Whenever I watch the national weather, and see the cold and snow in the Buffalo area, I think of you and your family, Debra. We're having a cold spell, too, but I keep thinking that spring is only a few months away. Having a new grand baby is keeping us so busy, we barely know what day it is. It's such rewarding "work" though, and we're thankful to be just a few miles from our family! Hope your snow melts soon. Have a good weekend Debra!