Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Making Lists, Checking Them Twice


"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."   --- Isaiah 9:6


******



Merry Christmas to my readers who I appreciate much! 

Here's a kinda-sorta gift list for you, with perhaps something for everyone. I've shared a few of these before, but now you can have them all in one place. 

Enjoy, and thanks for reading here so often!


The place to check before you purchase any book? OpenLibrary.org  They just may have what you're searching for--free(!)



Daniel The Cat fell in love with this video yesterday--no, really! I doubt he blinked for 20 minutes. It's another of Tim Janis' peaceful music and scenes ones: Winter Woods.



My favorite 'music timer' at Youtube is here.


Here is the best online collage artist I've found at Facebook.





Some favorite movies I watched in 2021, ones I can recommend, anyway.  ツ




















The Dog Who Saved Summer (only if you're in the mood for something silly)









Yay! Ariel Bissett remodeled another of her rooms beautifully: a guest room. Almost could I see a younger me while she worked, making it simultaneously rather eerie and incredible.




Do you enjoy (very) vintage Christmas tv programs? Here in one place are a few you might like. (The Honeymooners episode will always be my favorite.)



Oh my. The Cottage Fairy will enchant some of you. Her video, How I Take Care of Myself Living Alone was rather mesmerizing. What she shared about needing to balance her life with visiting other people, well, total confirmation for me.  


One of the best bits of advice I gave you this year? This: rearranging your kitchen so that your spouse's most-used items are on one side and yours on the other. Whew. Life-changing for Tom and myself. 


And for those who love videos of the way things used to be, there's Recollection Road at Youtube.


And just because I think of this type of thing often--





My top 12 favorite books I read (or reread) this year:



The Calico Year by Dorothy Gilman Butters

Mama Makes Up Her Mind by Bailey White

Martha's Vineyard: Isle of Dreams

Eddie by Ken Osmond

How To Age Without Getting Old by Joyce Meyer

A Lantern In Her Hand by Bess Streeter Aldrich

Imagine Heaven by John Burke

Though Long The Trail by Mabel H. Draper

Next Time Around by John Gould

Pioneer Girl: The Annotated Autobiography, Pamela S. Hill, editor

The Haunted Attic by Margaret Sutton

Great Lakes Shipwrecks and Survivals by William Ratigan


And 'reading vlogs'! 
What took me so long to find these videos by fellow bibliophiles? Oh well, perhaps, for me, this was the right time. 
Anyway, so far Kate Howe has the most similar reading tastes to mine and here's my favorite of her videos so far.


And as I shared at Facebook--


So it's a rare morning that Tom and I even eat pancakes, but I wanted to order these, Cousin T's, because in 2021 Terrence K. Williams has often encouraged me by standing for truth. 😮 The pancake mix will arrive today (yay!) and I'm thankful I ordered them because Terrence said he keeps getting death threats because of the image on the box--His Own Face in a chef's hat!! Which just further illustrates that additional controlling spirits were released in 2020, but hooray! How wonderful we can cling to this and know we have victory:
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Ephesians 6:12
(You can follow Terrence at Facebook, Youtube, etc. Oh, and he always has discount codes for ordering at his website here.)

Update: Oh! We tried these and Tom must've exclaimed 5 times how terrific they tasted.



My favorite part of December? The Somers' in Alaska family's vlogmas videos! Love these folks dearly and appreciate their happy attitudes.


And hooray! I'd been waiting for this: 2021's TCM Remembers finally appeared today. Here you go.






The very merriest of Christmases to you!!


******


Please remember: My posts are always about more than they appear to be. 

 ***

 "For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." ... Matthew 6:14,15

4 comments:

Betsy said...

What a great list of things to check out! We watched Noelle just last and really enjoyed it. It's a shame about Cousin T's death threats. What in the world? It's cray, cray out there as the kids say.
Merry Christmas Debra!
Blessings,
Betsy

Pam said...

Loved watching Ariel and her room re-do. I like her simplicity. Thinking about ordering some of those eco-friendly detergent sheets she was talking about. Debra, you always come up with such interesting and entertaining lists and links. Makes me smile! Hoping and praying you, Tom and Naomi are well and having a marvelous Christmas. You three are on my prayer list!

Debra said...

Merry Christmas to you, Betsy! May you have much joy today. I'm glad you were able to see Noella--didn't that main guy look almost exactly like Robert Redford? ....smile....

Merry Christmas, Pam! Wishing you much joy, also, and yes! Didn't Ariel do a splendid job on her guest room? Oh my. :)

Thanks so much, Ladies, and all my very best wishes to you on this Christmas day and always!

Angela Ridings said...

Just getting the opportunity to read this and love it! Thank you so much for sharing!