Wednesday, January 01, 2020

New Year Resolutions? I Love 'Em.


"For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome."  ... 1 John 5:3


******


Happy 2020, Everyone! 

So did I stay up for the fireworks? Nah. The huge hotel on the river down the street puts on a fireworks show so, technically, all those BOOMS are literally just feet away from us. 

They awoke me, of course, but I just smiled, wished Jesus a happy new year, then floated back to sleep--till 2:00 a.m.. You know, for more of those 'Youtube classes' He has me taking during the wee hours. (God College. It's awesome.)

Anyway, isn't it wild that people say dreadful things about New Year's Resolutions? I mean, goals invigorate me and after one's completed it's like I awake to a freer, happier place.

And who doesn't enjoy that?

So every January I create a resolution list. Want to know the secret of a life-altering one? Only write down what God's been telling you to change/start. Why? Because, always, He'll send Grace to help with those specific things.

Grace knows all the secrets to tasks done well! And she gives the energy, inspiration and wisdom needed for what God asked to be completed. 

Grace really is amazing. So whip out those resolution lists, receive Grace as you obey--and then feel your head spin next December at what God did through you in 2020.

No, really!








Afraid to list your New Year Resolutions? There is no fear, no condemnation in perfect love--and God perfectly loves us. More? He longs to show Himself mighty within us!




Some lyrics from O Come To The Altar by Elevation Worship---

Leave behind your regrets and mistakes
Come today there's no reason to wait--
Jesus is calling.
Bring your sorrows and trade them for joy
From the ashes a new life is born--
Jesus is calling.






"You have not because you ask not."  ... James 4:3


******


I so enjoy viewing different types of homes people these days choose. This video, below, Tom and I, both, found fascinating--- 










"For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." ... Matthew 6:14,15

2 comments:

Betsy said...

I found that video fascinating too. I would love to have one of the larger apartments. How fun to have all that you need in your small unit and shopping right below. And revitalizing and saving the building is the icing on the cake! Thanks for sharing it Debra.
I'm hoping for a wonderful new year for you, Tom and your family.
Many Blessings,
Betsy

Pam said...

Wow--I keep going back to re-read the lyrics to O Come to the Altar. What a wonderful message to soak in and send out in 2020! I agree with you, Tom and Betsy--those micro apartments and the whole concept of creating great living spaces from what has not been utilized is so valuable. My husband and I continue to talk about how we will live as we continue in our retirement. Sure glad God has a plan!