Monday, September 30, 2019

When God Sends Miracles In a Common Sense Way


"The Lord sustains him on his sickbed; in his illness you restore him to full health."   ... Psalm 41:3


******

One pleasant March day I turned 60 and the next? Man, I got up off the red couch and could barely walk. My legs felt like sitting had morphed them into tree trunks. Stiff-with-some-pain.

So I'd grimace until I 'got going' and walked it off. And don't tell anyone, but sometimes I'd also mutter, "Gah. I do not want to be 60 anymore!"



Well, tiring of my new ancient lady walk (and not being one to grab for medication), I read about inflammatory foods. In a hit-and-miss way, I cut some from my diet and felt a tad better. Only a tad.

Eventually, though, I recalled how, 12 years ago, Naomi gave us a list of alkaline foods, ones meant to keep the acidity inside us, balanced. My head began kinda whispering, "Find an alkaline food list online, use it, and you'll feel better."

Oh my goodness. I did and I do! Feel better, that is. 

I discovered a terrific list, then hobbled to the kitchen, drank lemon juice in water, ate some almonds and prepared a sweet potato using a tiny bit of avocado oil. 

And you'll not believe this, but within an hour the stiffness began to disappear! And 5 days later, it's still not returned to what it was before.

Wow. Say what you will, but I believe God sends us healing miracles via a variety of avenues. And this time? He sent me mine via an online list of alkaline foods which I now take like medicine. 

So of course, my dear blog friends, I must share this 'miracle avenue' with you just in case God's waiting to whoosh you to feeling better in this same way. 

Again, just in case.  ツ






P.S. Oh, and next time I'll give you my new and improved recipe for my daily cup(s) of hot chocolate. While needing to make changes over the years I've tweaked it, again this past week, even.




******


How do I truly feel about our 100 feet of hedges being gone?

Marvelous. 

Ten years younger, in fact, due to relief of not needing to care for them. And also, I feel friendlier. Why? Because last week while sitting upon the porch (or watering new lawn seeds), a few neighbors (and even the UPS guy) stopped and spoke with me. 

That never used to happen before, what with those tall, foreboding hedges all fortress-wall-like. I sit outside now and feel so much more approachable. Part of me even asks, "Why didn't we pull down those hedges years ago?" 

Yet I know why. To everything there is a season, even one which means--after 40+ years--this is the first time that I no longer care about privacy outside in our yard.

Never say never (and all that). Just roll with the seasons, learn their lessons, and all will be well. In time.




                     My flower beds are springtime ones so they'll look nifty around next May, like this--







---especially since the lawn will have grown in by then, also.








******



                        Shared by Brea Rose Soap Garden over at Facebook. Don't you love Autumn?



                                                                   


                                                                       ******

"For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." ... Matthew 6:14,15

5 comments:

Betsy said...

Your house looks so different with the hedges gone. I love it! I'm glad you're enjoying visiting with others while outside too. I'm also happy that your new food agenda is helping you so much. I'm trying to follow weight watchers and have had a lot more energy since doing so.
Have a lovely Tuesday my friend!
Blessings,
Betsy

Debi @ Tuesdays Child said...

I'm with Betsy, I love the look of your house with the hedges now gone. So happy for you that you don't have to mess with them anymore (and too, that you'll get more walk-by company!) :)

Have a good day, Debra. (Hugs)

Pam said...

I'll echo Betsy and Debi's comments...I love the way your house looks without the hedges. Debra, it's amazing how powerful food is! Really happy that you have found a natural way to combat your pain and stiffness. My daughter is 7 months pregnant and has had to watch her diet closely, due to insulin sensitivity. She's been amazed at how much better her body feels, plus, she has felt sharper mentally, too. Little changes can yield big results!

Debra said...

Thanks, Betsy! I'm really enjoying the new look for our yard and of course, the better way that I'm feeling! :)

Debi-- Thank-you! It really does make a difference not having those hedges. I've never met so many neighbors before at one time. :)

Pam--I'm so happy your daughter found changes to make her feel better! It really is shocking how small changes can yield huge results, right?


Thanks so much, Everyone! Blessings, Debra

Terra said...

That is interesting about how making changes in your diet improved your health, and quickly too. I like your Choose Joy quote.