Thursday, March 16, 2017

Where She Has Another Birthday


"This is the day the Lord has brought about. We will be happy and rejoice in it."   ...Psalm 118:24 


******


So last night at 1:00 a.m. when Daniel The Cat woke me by accidentally(?) knocking everything down from this dresser ---






--with a crash, I lectured myself not to get mad while I restored order (and tried to fix the lamp) for, after all, this was now March 16th. My birthday.

My next thought as I sleepily stepped down the creaking stairs to feed the cats? "Gee. These birthdays sure are adding up.

Wow. Wasn't I eighteen just three or four years ago? 

Anyway. Remember when yesterday we had this? --






What a difference a day makes! Today our storms (the earlier 70 mph wind one, then the 16 inches of snow one) are gone. Instead, we have blessed silence, gleaming-blue skies and blazing sunshine --






Never listen seriously to voices which say your future is bleak, ok? A simple, new day can bring brightness and the beginnings of glad, remarkable changes. We just never know for sure when it'll arrive, so we must hang in there till it does.

In fact, don't laugh, but I feel as though all this sunshine pouring through my windows is my birthday gift from God. He knows how absolutely giddy it makes me--and how young it makes me feel. 

(Are we positive I wasn't eighteen just three or four years ago??)    :)







******




                        My favorite photo, ever, of Naomi's grey babies.



Oh, and remember how Naomi had to put down one of her 15-year-old cats on January 1st? 

Well, soon after, her other grey girl began struggling. And then lots of vet visits later, Naomi had to, this week, let go of her dearest, best-loved sister-cat. 

And now the Ginger and Farrah years are over.

Naomi's been pretty devastated, so any prayers for her would be so appreciated. Thank-you much.



******






And one  more thing. For you Netflix fans, this morning I watched The Great Gilly Hopkins and--although I usually don't like these 'family-feel-good movies' (Naomi's words)-- I did really enjoy this one.

But then, it had Kathy Bates, Glenn Close and Octavia Spencer, so how could I not?


******

7 comments:

Robin in New Jersey said...

Happy,happy birthday, Debra!! Hope your day is special.

Betsy said...

Happy Birthday to you Debra. That was kind of a rough awakening wasn't it? I remember when our cat was alive. He would look right at us and then reach out to push something onto the floor. Like a defiant two year old! :-). I'm sorry about Naomi's kitties. That's a lot of loss close together. I will definitely be in prayer for her.

I'm glad you have blue skies today for your birthday. We do too and it makes things feel so much brighter, literally and figuratively.
Blessings,
Betsy

Susan Humeston said...

Happy Birthday!! I know what you mean about birthdays adding up - I just turned 61 on January 12 - I swear it was yesterday I was in High School. Glad the sun is shining and all is calm. No matter what, spring is on its' way, no matter how Old Man Winter tries to fight it....

Nan said...

Happy Birthday!! One of my favorite aunts was born on March 16! And I'm a Pisces, too. :<))

Debi @ Tuesdays Child said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Debra! Sorry I'm late with the wish but I'm just now catching up on emails from a few days ago.

I'm so sorry about Naomi's kitties and said a prayer for her as soon as I read it. I'd be absolutely devastated if anything were to happen to me kitty girl [her name is Kyla and she's just a tad bit spoiled. lol]

I hope your day is a good one. : )

Deborah Raney said...

So glad the sun shone for your birthday! And as always, I love your attitude! And that you're real when your attitude isn't the one I love. :)

Also, I'm so sorry about Naomi's cats. We had to put our Melvin to sleep in December and I still miss him every day. I'm trying to enjoy how much cleaner the house is without his fur and litter everywhere, but the truth is, he was worth it. :( They really do become our friends and I'm so sorry for Naomi.

Debra said...

I was so blessed that each of you took the time to leave me such kind birthday wishes. Thank-you! Also, I so appreciate your prayers for Naomi. Really. And please, if possible, keep her in prayer, ok? She's taking the loss of Farrah very hard, indeed.

Thanks again! Blessings, Debra