Thursday, November 24, 2016

Of Thanksgiving, Anniversaries and Stars Hollow


Wishing all my much-appreciated readers the happiest of Thanksgivings! This year, as always, I'm especially thankful for those of you who read here week following week.

Sometimes my words are important, other times drivel, but always, I like to believe, sincere and more transparent than my natural inclination tends to be without God in the mix.

So thank-you. No, really. Thank-you for hanging in there with me.






******







Oh yeah, and tomorrow is Tom's and my 38th anniversary which sounds rather ridiculous to me since wasn't our wedding only around 5 years ago?

I mean, like this morning. I stood in front of this painting--





--in our bathroom and nearly gasped after realizing Tom found it on the curb at least 20 years ago. How can that be when I vividly remember him carrying it inside the house that sunny morning? 

The older I become, the years feel like a shorter measurement of Time and this anniversary of thirty-eight years? What's that? Just a collection of a few sailing-by months, really.

Anyway. 

How kind of Netflix to give me my anniversary gift this year. Yes, they decided to release The Gilmore Girls reunion on Tom's and my special day. So sweet of them!

I've not been excited or anything--nah--I've only spent the last 6 days re-watching the first 3 seasons of the original. My favorite seasons, those three-- the near-perfection ones. (The others were, imho, Hit And Miss City. But still.) 

And how pleasant to pull myself away from political news though yes! I'm most certainly still praying for The New Kids on the White House Block and those who would malign them. You realize, right, that one needn't drown oneself in politico frenzy in order to pray?

So anyway (again), if you want to find me tomorrow, I'll be under a blanket with my hot chocolate and snacks watching the folks of Stars Hollow. Happy.







******



"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."...Philippians 4:6



******








******

4 comments:

BJS said...

So much to be thankful for!
Thanks for the thoughts and inspiration!
Keep writing :) Bev

Pam said...

Thankful for you, Debra. Happy Anniversary to you and Tom! May God bless you both with many, many more!!

jlynn said...

Thank you for the lovely thanksgiving thoughts and a happy anniversary to you and Tom. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Debi @ Tuesdays Child said...

Happy Anniversary!