Sunday, April 10, 2016

I Might Be Gone Awhile ... (!)

Drats.

There I was innocently perusing a Yahoo News article about cheapo back-splashes when ack! Something did something bad to my Windows. Poor ol' Tom, himself, nearly shut-down to hear this news because it came while he was (kinda stressfully) packing for his week-long trip to Toronto ...

... and I'm so un-tech-savvy that I can barely use our toaster.

So. Because I'd hate to jinx Tom's computer, I'm not going to use it while he's away, other than to email him. And fortunately, Naomi has a computer-fix-it genius for a friend who I'm hoping can repair my computer before Friday, but who knows?

Which is all to say, if you don't see me here or at Facebook for awhile, now you'll know why.

And actually? A vacation from the Internet sounds terrific right about now. It's good to recall who I am apart from the Internet, and too, I'm so enjoying my new, bright closet bedroom which--don't laugh--feels like owning a private seaside beach upstairs. Well, reading un-break-down-able books up there in the light leaves me feeling day-at-the-beach relaxed. So now I have an excuse to spend more time up there at my private ocean side while awaiting true Springtime.

Please feel free to read posts from my archives or just take a break from this place, as well. :) Hopefully, I'll see you again soon ...

And while I'm at it--a special thanks to each of you who have been reading here forever!




******

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh no, sorry to hear you are having computer problems Debra! Hope you get it fixed soon! You will be missed! We can stay in touch the old fashion way though, sometimes I miss that. I find it also nice to take a short break from the electronics!

Deborah Raney said...

Enjoy your little unplanned vacation from the net, but PLEASE don't be too long getting back! I seriously enjoy your posts and always look forward to hearing what you have to say, even if I don't take the time to comment. Blessings on your week!

BJS said...

I, too, enjoy reading your posts. Will wait for your return. Boy, I wish I could blog. But
I guess it's not in the plans. Enjoy your time off the internet and I am sure you will have stories when
you return!

Robin in New Jersey said...

Computer issues are the pits! Enjoy your break.

Debra said...

Elizabeth--you are so sweet! If I ever go back to just communicating the old fashioned way (I do consider it at times) you are definitely on my list of who I'll keep in touch with. My break from the Internet was enlightening and just what I needed--yay! :)

Deb--you're such an encourager and your comments made me smile for days. Thanks so much! It's good to be back amongst friends like you.

BJS--thank-you for your kind words! I do have a few stories which I'll probably share here and there. If you ever do start a blog please let me know! It's true that not everyone is meant to do so, but in case you change your mind...... :)

Robin--yes! Computer problems are the pits, especially at first when you get that sickly, "Oh no! What have I done?" feeling. :) But all is well now and I'm glad to be back with good friends like you!

Thanks, Ladies, for letting me know I would be missed. I was so encouraged by your kindness! ... Blessings, Debra