Monday, August 31, 2015

Where Have I Been?



"Go to the ant, O sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise. Without having any chief, officer, or ruler, she prepares her bread in summer and gathers her food in harvest." ...Proverbs 6:6-8


******



Lots of people live with daily/monthly/yearly plans.

Me? I pretty much live plan-less.  

Yet ever since I heard about that possible economic collapse, I've felt the need to ready Tom and myself (even if friends/relatives think we're nuts) for anything.

A-n-y-t-h-i-n-g. (Personally, I believe America is heading for a shaking which will involve varied forms.)

And suddenly I've got plans dribbling from my ears. Plans, plans everywhere. Plans that tickle my head awake at 4:00 a.m., tempting me to get up so I can have more fun readying us for a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g.

It's been pretty cool, calming, actually, which may sound odd, but when God leads, things go differently than one would suppose.

All this is partially why I took a mini vacation from my blog. Well, that and because sometimes a girl just has to escape from blogging so she can think thoughts all her own, ones she doesn't feel must be shared with the whole world.

Anyway,  plans with specific target dates, deadlines--imagine! I've noticed they keep Mr. Procrastination away and Mrs. Progress here.

As I said--it's been cool.




Oh, and before I leave this line of thinking, have you read the book called, Pulse? Well, there are many, actually, but this is the one I mean. I bought the Kindle version and am enjoying it (lots) and learning and meditating upon much.



******


"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."...Philippians 4:7


******


Speaking of books, I felt so blessed to find these for pennies Saturday at yard sales:






In fact, I began reading The Pet Sitting Peril and could not put it down Sunday afternoon. I even ordered another of this author's books because I so enjoyed this one.

Kids' novels--they help keep my brain set at Calm (and Balanced), especially now within this world we find ourselves.

Oh, and this is the hand-written inscription inside Mary Poppins:


"To Kathy ...  from Great Great Aunt Mary  Dec. 1, 1974



******

While on my 'vacation,' I Netflixed the movie, If I Stay, one afternoon. Tom arrived home soon after (with dinner!) then I actually watched the movie all over again with him this time.

Yeah, I can't believe it, either. But we both enjoyed it much. (It's not for everyone, I'll add. But it was for us.)  :)




******


Wow! Did you read about this concrete-dome house which survived a fire out West? My, my....


******





1 comment:

Karla said...

Glad to see you back! We do get so wrapped up in the present that it's sometimes hard to even consider planning isn't it? Sounds like you had a lovely time away.