Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Cody is Gone




"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands."  ... Isaiah 55:2


*********

I read the first part of that most beautiful verse this morning and laughed.

Cody, the little barking dog next-door who waited, in silence, near our trash can so he could suddenly screech and make me jump--has moved away.

Now I can go outside in joy and be led forth in peace.  :)


Perhaps Paul and Robin moved away in the night. Or while I went  to the supermarket. I don't know. I've not seen them since last Thursday--I spied no moving van or pick-ups and a few items remain in their yard, yet nothing in their enclosed front porch that my squinting, nosey eyes can decipher. Perhaps they bought a furnished mobile home and sold their house as furnished. 

Yes, and probably I should take my advice and mind my own business. (Good grief, Debra. Let it go.)  heh.

Of course, I'm a bit sad that they didn't tell me good-bye. Kinda makes me feel even more forgettable than I've felt ever since high school. (Crowds aren't exactly begging to be my Facebook friend, but you get used to these things after 40 years.)

Oh well! To God, Tom, Naomi and some of you, I'm special and that is enough in this Life. 

I will miss having Paul and Robin as neighbors. Remember? They're the ones who spoke quietly together in their backyard for hours every fine weather week. And Paul so kindly weed-whacked our side of the fence, the same fence Robin and I so old-fashionedly spoke over.

But I must confess it's a joy to garden again in peace without Cody in his corner waiting to startle me out of my skin.




Sorry, Cody... but that barking at anything that moves was getting ridiculous.



**********************



Months ago I prayed Cody would stop barking and God answered that prayer His own way. Note to self:  Always give God room and time to move as He wishes.


***********

A special thanks to those of you who told me you were praying for Naomi! She arrived in NYC fine yesterday and is having fun. Again, thanks, and if you'd like to keep her in mind this week, that would be wonderful.  :)


***********



Free Kindle Books:





No comments: