Monday, May 05, 2014

Traveling by Books and TV


“It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else.” 
― Erma Bombeck

*****


Late yesterday afternoon I began reading my yard sale find, A Lady's Life In The Rocky Mountains upstairs inside my just-right-for-reading Littlest Hobbit Room and an hour later when Tom called from downstairs asking if I'd like to watch tv with him, I hesitated because oh! This book had whisked me away over a hundred years and thousands of miles on some incredible adventures. 

Though extra-interesting since I'd visited lots of these places, many of you would love this book, also, and guess what? You can read it free online. Updated 5/6:  Here's a free kindle edition

It may take awhile to grow used to the old-fashioned language, but once you do, you're swept away and feeling gratitude that Isabella recorded in fine detail adventures we'd otherwise never take. In fact, I'm always grateful to folks who write books or make tv shows about lands I'd have left this world never seeing in any form. God used such extreme creativity in making these places (and people) and what a shame to live this one life on Earth having missed them.

(And how important that each of us use our talents/callings lest others miss out on what we were created to give!)

Anyway. 

Finally we are due for a week of sun and warmer temps and since I'm all a dither about that, today's post will just contain links to some free (as of today, so check) kindle books for you. Enjoy.


Growing Into a Farm  (her blog is here)

Once Upon a Summer

Couponing for Beginners

Rocky Mountain Oasis

Raw Food Diet: The Quick and Easy Guide

The Edge of Light

Hidden Falls Episode One





*****

Hebrews 13:16 


Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.


1 Peter 4:10

 

As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace:


Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone






5 comments:

Terra said...

That book sounds intriguing and the links to free books too. You are sharing which matches the Scriptures you include here, bless your heart.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

A lovely book.......Her life was amazing.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for more book links...gonna have to get me a kindle one of these days!! Hubby and I are talking about that. Meanwhile, sending link onto a friend who reads all the time.
Elizabeth

Debra said...

Terra--aw, I receive your blessing with much gratitude. Thank-you!

Kristi--if I had to guess which of my friends had already read this book, I'd have guessed you! :)

Elizabeth--you know the kindle cloud reader is free, right? Just look around on amazon.com and you should be able to install it easily. I can't believe how simple it is to add books to it! (One of those 'if I can do it, anyone can' things.) :)

And DailyFreeBooks.com will send you a page of free kindle books everyday. Just click on them and they're in your kindle cloud reader--easy!

I never thought I'd give-in to reading books online, but now I'm hooked and my favorite part is not having to store all those books in my house or needing to keep going to the library, either.

Let me know if you need help getting the free kindle cloud. You can always start that way, then buy a different type later if you like the cloud reader.

Thanks, Ladies! Blessings, Debra

Anonymous said...

Debra,I've read it, too-good book. Never wanted a Kindle or anything, but being able to download the older books is looking like a good idea. Joyce