Tuesday, January 01, 2013

My New Year So Far


So did Tom and I go out and party last night on New Year's Eve?

Are you kidding? heh. 

We weren't even together, for he had to work the night shift. I watched an episode of The Odd Couple in honor of Jack Klugman's recent demise, then went to bed at 8:30. Woke up a couple times after midnight, smiled because we'd advanced into 2013, then rolled over and went back to sleep.

Which means I was bright and alert and able to shop early this morning and--using coupons at both my lovely supermarket and Dollar Tree--found these terrific deals:

Dole frozen fruit:  .50 cents each
Stove Top dressing:  .50 cents each 
Earthbound Farms salad:  $1.50
Yoplait Greek yogurt:  .19 cents each
4 bags of cough drops:  .50 cents each
Natural Bliss creamer: .50 cents each
Hunts spaghetti sauce: .54 cents each
2 Reach dental floss:  free

Now there's a good start for the New Year-- buying groceries at prices from the previous century.

(Last week I actually got paid .51 cents to buy dental floss. Loved that.)

And now as snowflakes once again are falling beyond my window, I'll wish each of my special readers a very happy new year. I'll even be bold and say the kind of year we each have, will greatly depend upon how we treat it and other people and view it (are we grateful?), as well.

Pollyanna signing out....  :)


***********

Coupons.com has their new coupons all ready for printing and clipping. Found some great ones there at 6:30 a.m.

Savingstar.com has their new ecoupons up now, as well. These can be combined with paper coupons and then-- when you've saved $5.00--you can turn it in for amazon gift cards, etc.

The Pillsbury website has new terrific coupons, also. 

Remember--most coupons online can be printed twice per computer.

***********

"When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
    for all of them are clothed in scarlet."   ... Proverbs 31:21

(Rather like, when groceries go up, we couponers have no fear of rising prices.)  :)


"Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart."   ... Psalm 37:4


********************

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Love this post, as usual Debra! I will be posting shortly about my New years!