Saturday, March 10, 2012

Peeking Into Heaven Early



"... nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy..."  1 Timothy 6:17


******




Oh! On Wednesday we had 61 sunny, glorious degrees and I got outside to rake and pick up fallen branches (we  have more here than even on that ol' farm of a zillion trees!) and I had to keep removing layers of the sweater tops I wore.


Glorious, just glorious. Even saw a tiny purple crocus or two. Wow.


And all those testimonies of visits to Heaven I've been reading came to me out there and you know? I thought, "Really, I should be having lots of visions of Heaven, too."


And oh now, don't start worrying about me. I don't mean those like the ones I'm reading about online where God zooms peoples' spirits up for a heavenly peek or where others have near death experiences.


No, I mean if I'm truly obeying God, doing what He says, going where He says go and being who He's created me to be, well then, I believe I'll be having peeks of how God meant this world to be from His Genesis beginning--a reflection of how He's created the Paradise which awaits those of us who know Jesus.


Which is rather an involved way of saying if I have a godly attitude, I'll love caring for the yard He gave me, rather like the way He gave the Garden of Eden for Adam and Eve to care for. That garden was His gift to them and God enjoyed it so much--He enjoyed them so much--that He took walks around the yard with them in the evenings. And wow, how they must have enjoyed Him(!)


And that, folks, is truly one huge peek of Heaven and something all of us can have, even in our own backyards, since He's given us the Holy Spirit to walk around with us here. Yes, even now.


And just as He created Eve for Adam so he'd have companionship, Tom and I can know a heavenly type of companionship here on Earth when we're careful to get along. To love each other as God has loved us and to set aside our annoyances at our pesky differences or any pressures due to a lack of trust in God's care for us at this 'limbo time' of our lives.


In Heaven, people get along. And here on Earth? Well, that's possible, too, for the Bible says in as much as it's up to you, be at peace with all men. So here upon this planet full of all sorts of turmoil and mega-problems, peace can still be found amongst those who'll set aside silly squabbles to keep it.


I believe I've already seen houses similar to ones I'll visit in Heaven and I've seen similar types of kindnesses and acts of service which we'll see there, and also, times of praising God in one accord in big crowds of people. 


Oh, I could go on and on with those kinds of heavenly glimpses. To me, they're like peeks of what God meant for this world to be when He first created it, before sin got in and ruined much (but not everything, for God's more powerful than sin).


And when I reach Heaven for real? I want to be able to stand before God (when I'm not flat on my face because of His awesome power) and tell Him that I experienced every ounce of joy He enabled me to have on Earth. That I found and noticed and thanked Him for each blessing, be it under a leaf or a rock or in front of my face. And that I saw every single glimpse of Heaven which was possible to behold while on the planet He created for us.


I so don't want to miss one single good thing He drops down for me here.






*****************




"You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore."  ... Psalm 16:11




****************************