Tuesday, November 11, 2008



"If you falter in times of trouble, how small is your strength!"... Proverbs 24:10

Ain't that the truth.

Once a year Tom and I watch Braveheart, so guess which movie we watched this afternoon? Well, I saw much of it-- I closed my eyes during the battles and when whatsername's throat gets slit and I did go out to the kitchen and make dinner during the middle part.

But hey. I was infused with inspiration while I watched all those men standing firm and dying for their beliefs. And I received one of the messages loudly, clearly--I have nothing to complain about.

But still I complain.

And even though myriad little things have gone wrong around here for weeks, that's no reason for me just to lay back hopelessly and sigh, "I give up. Little Things Going Wrong--come and get me. I know you will anyway."

No, if I can't pull out a few daily darts aimed at my weak points, then I'll not be strong enough to handle harder times around the corner. And I certainly long to be ready for those!

So what remains is for me to learn my lessons well and count it all joy and faint not---and all that good stuff. And it is good stuff (I remind myself) even when it certainly doesn't feel good.


******

1 comment:

Jan said...

Hey Debra,
You've had a lot of changes this year. Cut yourself some slack. It eventually will be done! Jan