Monday, September 24, 2007

A Morning Corner



I sat at our dining room table minutes ago, gazing at the bit of sun peaking from behind the pot you see above and I thought, "What a pretty 'morning corner.' I should share it with those who read my blog."

So here you go.

Mornings. Don't you love them? Everything feels new in the morning. Re-born. Forgiven. Even God's mercies are new every morning--He said so, Himself.

Tom is working 12 hours of day shift today so the type of day I have will be up to me. I'm making plans even now before 8:00 a.m. to create a marvelous day. How about you? Or are you the sort of person who believes it depends upon everyone else as to how your day will go? That you are helpless to rise above the hard stuff?

I hope not.

For me, the largest portion of my Real Life is what goes on inside of me. And always, I'm in charge of what goes on in there. Probably that's the only thing in the whole world that I am in charge of. Think about it.

Anyway, happy morning to you! May your choices be wise ones and may what goes on in your inside color your outside in all your favorite shades.




******

4 comments:

daisymarie said...

I believe in choosing. I believe in making the most of the moments. But I also love taking the moments as they come at me and riding the wave. And I relish the possibilities and opportunities.

Thanks for reminding to live this way.

Judy said...

What a beautiful morning corner!

Yesterday morning I watched the sun rise over the church across the street from my church (where i was working).

As the sun came up, it hit the cross on top of the church and sent gleems of light all over.

What a 'picture' to start my day.

Violet N. said...

Great advice Debra. I need to remind myself often that it's my choice when I'm anxious or bugged or self-pitying etc. That's why Phil. 4:6,7 is one of my favorite passages in the whole Bible.

Debra said...

Daisymarie--thank *you*!
Judy-- thanks for the beautiful picture you shared about your sunrise!
Violet--a great favorite passage indeed and one of my favorites, too! Thanks, Everyone... Debra