Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Speaking of Hope...




I purposely ended my post yesterday mentioning hope. 

The day before, I'd read this post written by Linda telling of the suicide of a friend years before and I read the comments from people with similar memories. Then, hours later, I received an email from a friend I've known since we were teens, telling me of her relative's suicide last month and how his father had taken his own life years prior.

If you have time, please pop over to Linda's blog to read her post (again, here). It's still haunting me and nudging me to include more hope and more directions to the God of all Hope here in my blog. What a responsibility we have here in Blogland and what an opportunity, one more massive than we can dream.

And we'll never know how many men and women knock on these doors, our Blogland ones, on the darkest, stormiest night of their lives.



******

No comments: