Sunday, June 11, 2006

Secret Corners

This post at Storybook Woods inspired me like crazy. She talks about bringing summer into the corners of your house and out into your garden.

I especially loved this photo--

In my house and garden I like creating corners where I can meet with God. Quiet, peaceful places which woo me to sit, dream, to meditate upon just how good God has been to me.

My own summer project will be to turn our neglected upstairs' catch-all guest room into a tranquil place, perhaps reminiscent of a seaside room, though it stands high and far away from the nearest ocean. But I can try.

Perhaps even unconsciously, my quest for years has been to create as many getaway-with-God corners as this house and yard will accommodate. I have a place inside a closet, one in our sunroom, one in my own second-story room, as well as a place out on our front porch and in our backyard, also. And one day I smiled when the thought came to me, "If you build it, He will come."

Besides, there can never be too many Secret Corners in which to meet with God, can there?

No comments: