Sunday, December 11, 2005

Blog Legacy


I thought it was just me, but Kim at Coffee and a Muffin has noticed this, too...

What's happening with God blogs lately? It reminds me of this:

"If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other." ... Galations 5:15

It is scary and naive to see ourselves through rose-colored glasses and see(examine) everyone else through a magnifying glass.

So I've begun thinking about the blog legacy I will leave someday, something like footprints in a jungle which others just might choose to follow after I am gone. And if anything can scare me into shaping up and acting right, that one thought certainly does.

If someday this blog is just sitting here with that quiet, ghost-town feeling, I pray that what I left behind will NOT read like this:

"There is only one way to teach or preach or run a church."

"God moves only in the old ways, never in the new."

"If I ran a church, I'd know exactly what to do and I'd never make the mistakes I've seen others make."

"There's only one style of music which should be played in church. (And only one way to pray or worship...and only one version of the Bible which should be read.)"

"I can't believe those people bought ______, when they should have spent their money on _______ like I would have."

"No, I have never read that book, but I know it must be trash."

"No, I've never listened to that evangelist, but my friend says he was wrong about _______, so he must be wrong about everything."

"My mind is made up about everything and I will never change it."

Heaven forbid that this would be my blog legacy! That would be more like a legacy path which might lead to this: "...the LORD hates... a man who stirs up dissension among brothers." ... Proverbs:6:16,19

Again, heaven forbid.

God help me that it would be this, instead:

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." ... 1 Corinthians 13:13

******



"If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing." ... 1 Corinthians 13:2

No comments: