Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The Radio Station




Tom and I have an old-fashioned radio through which I Play vintage songs. I pretend these are old days--it's like I switch the era and the atmosphere of my house by changing the radio station.

Sometimes God is like a radio station.

It's like there's God's Station which comes in more clearly than we like to believe. That is, unless a bunch of other stations vye for a spot on the same frequency, and then all you get is garbled static and words you cannot understand. 

Too much competition for one frequency leads to a noisy mess.

Then there are times when I've sat beside the radio and listened to what I believed was the God Station, but it wasn't. I even listened weeks, months, even buying what they advertised--junk which did not do what they promised. 

They sell a lot of lies on those other radio stations.

So now I'm more careful to listen only to the God Station. It is everything I need a radio station to be.

After time and experience, you learn to recognize when the station on your radio has changed. You learn to recognize when you are listening to lies and when you're listening to Truth.



******

No comments: