Tuesday, September 29, 2026

But What I Forgot To Tell You Was ...


"Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken..."   --- Hebrews 12:28


*****

So my last post felt a bit Pollyanna-ish to me. I didn't mention some stuff.

Like how, since taking Keytruda injections every 3 weeks (rather than infusions), I arise from the red couch like a 99-year-old granny. You know, all bent over, slow-stepping-wobbly, and thus worrying Tom. But at least I can, in a 2 minutes or so, walk that off.

Whew.

But then 2+ weeks ago, my up-from-the-couch worsened(!) because of, I thought, sciatica. Then I self-diagnosed piriformis. Now though, I'm thinkin' it's bursitis. It fits the symptoms best. Gah.

Youtube University (don't you love that?) says to rest, use ice, do gentle leg lifts while standing. (And avoid sugar and dairy, but everybody says that about everything.)  シ

Yet not walk around after my energy returned and it's so gloriously autumnal these days? So disappointing. This slow-motion life is beyond annoying when your energy inside is bubbling and you wish to accomplish everything before Winter.

So there's that.

But figuring I needed a reminder not to moany-complain about my woes (making it worse), I decided to purchase this--


There are no lines on the real(so pretty!)sign.


--so I can stare at it. Memorize it. Improve my life because of its truth by practicing it.

And you know? I think it's already working. Since yesterday the pain has calmed waay down as long as I walk slowly. So. Slowly. I'll take it!

But dealing with semi-chronic pain, right? Some of you know the challenge of that, of staying sweet and not switching every conversation into a grumbling complaint fest.

Seriously, who wants to live daily hours allowing the bad thoughts to shove down the grateful ones? So instead, I will choose to think about what's going right. The blessings, the trusting that everything will be ok, the loveliness of Life with Jesus even in the midst of setbacks.

And oh Honey, with Him I can do anything He places in my heart, even at a slower pace.




"Do all things without grumbling or disputing ..." --- Philippians 2:14


*****


So let's switch gears here, ok?

Did you know you can still order LL Bean catalogues? I seem to remember they have lovely outdoorsy photos, especially during Autumn. Go here if you'd like a free old-school LL Bean catalogue.

*****

This weekend Tom and I watched Toy Story 5 and thoroughly enjoyed it And yeah, they went a bit heavy on the problems-of-too-much-tech lessons, but don't we all need it? Yes. Yes we do.  シ   Here's the trailer.

Oh, and we saw Young Washington. Though not for everyone (lots of battle scenes), it was interesting discovering more about Washington's early life. The young actor who played him (born in 2004!) did an excellent job, we thought.

                                                        *****

So when I began using our dishwasher as an extra cupboard instead, I bought a too-large plastic dish drying mat and lost nearly all the counter space next to our stovetop. It's wild how long we put up with things, right?

Well, finally I bought this:


The rack part is expandable and fits over less than 1/2 of the sink. The small dish drainer sits on the countertop for extra dishes and has returned to me my beside-the-stove counter space. Color me grateful, indeed. (Go here to see photos of it over a sink.)

*****

... and also finally, I bought a helpful storage solution for our 'skinny cupboard' (as it's known 'round here). Most likely it's a cupboard for baking sheets, but I turned it into Debra's hidden gluten-free treats space (you know, so snacks don't mysteriously disappear. heh) 

I searched for pullout-shelves on a track, but it's too skinny even for those, so I bought this:


Fits just right! Now rather than pulling items out and watching them cascade and collapse upon one another, there's now order. The chaos is gone. Whew.   ツ

*****

Oh, and can anyone recommend cozy mysteries where the protagonist returns home to a grandmother, aunt or parent? I've decided those are my favorite cozies. I already have the Farm To Table Series and the Apron Shop one and the first Bee Keeping Series book, but I'd love to hear more suggestions. Thanks!


*****


And as I wrote at Facebook:

"Small rituals kept the world from changing too quickly. At least, that is what she hoped." --- copied

Found the most gorgeous video this morning with that quote. It's as though the narrator was reading from an essay about his old, homey recollections as the camera panned each beautiful pink-and-book-touched room. Wow. This one was different. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkrTRWYsfxY&list=WL&index=4




*****



Please remember: My posts are always about more than they appear to be.

 *** 

 "For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." ... Matthew 6:14,15

No comments: