1.) Forgot to mention last time that July 25th marked my 22nd blogiversary. Can you believe that? Even I can't, but there you go. シ And a special thanks to those of you who've hung in there with me for many of those years. What an encouragement you are!
2.) So after 47 years I'd grown weary of cooking. Hey, go figuring just two meals per day, even, and the number comes out to 34,310(!)
But then being all gluten intolerant now, I realized if I want tasty foods (and not go into debt paying someone else to cook them like with a meal delivery subscription), then I'd better change my attitude.
So I did what I've often told you to: Instead of praying the verse, "Restore unto me the joy of my salvation," I tweak it to (in this case), "Restore unto me the joy of cooking."
Truly, it works every time. I'm back to enjoying cooking and even watching others create meals at Youtube. Just substitute a few ingredients and voila! Tasty gluten free meals for cheap.
Whew.
3.) Back in 2016 when God (I felt) nudged me to declutter 10 items per week, I also sensed He wanted me to release 300 of my books. Three-hundred?! Yes.
Well, initially I said, "That's impossible!" (Hey, I love books and my 35 year+ collection of them.) But you know? I wanted to obey God, for He knows best.
So I approached this slowly, lugged just a few books at a time down to the Salvation Army drop-off and Little Free Library, kept track of how many I released and by now? I've given away 564 books. Wow.
(Probably 30 are ones Tom let go of, but still, 534 is something big. For me, anyway.)
Truly, just doing small things each day/week/month always adds up over Time. What matters is starting and continuing and staying inspired to do the right thing.
4.) Can you believe that, at the end of August, Tom and I will have lived at Hobbit Cottage for 15 years? (I hope my longtime readers didn't faint at that.) シ
Another one of those "I can barely believe it" things. For many reasons our living here has been good for us, one of which is that these 860 square feet keep us reigned-in from collecting too much junk stuff.
I try to remind myself that that's a good thing.
5.) Since 2024 I've meant to tell you that I bought some just-like-I-imagined garden plant labels/signs. These 2 years later I still love using them in my gardens:
6.) Speaking of shopping online, I love to listen to vintage mall/supermarket music when I do so. Brings old-fashioned-ness to a modern-day activity.
Here are a couple favorite videos to shop by:
There are tons to choose from on Youtube.
7.) Oh, and there are many retro crockpot meal videos, also, but this one was special, for he includes the notes his grandmother penned beside each recipe. I hope you'll check this one out for yourself, especially if you need cooking inspiration like I have:
8.) Before moving back upstairs (see my last post) I'd envisioned making my row of bookshelves feel more town-library-ish, especially since I no longer visit our local library due to all the books I either buy online (only occasionally, ok? heh) or read online free at Open Library (who carries the books my city library discarded decades ago).
Anyway! What finally got me to attempt that bookshelf challenge is when I watched Darling Desi create a Blockbuster Video store area in her bedroom . What a cute idea!
I que'd (sp) it up to that specific part here. (Well, I'm crossing my fingers that it worked.)
That was the inspiration I needed! I tweaked my bookshelves up here a bit and I'm happy with them. To me they've got more of a city library feeling.
(I would show you a photo, but I've still not connected my camera to this newish laptop. Besides, I think you'd need my own imagination to see what I see now. heh.)
But whatever, it's been fun making a change.
9.)
He is! Even now. Even any day inside our hearts if we invite Him to do so.
*******
A couple bonus videos for you:
I'd never seen this side of the Clutterbug gal! A delightful video, indeed.
And this must be the most beautiful small yard garden that I've ever seen online. No, really. (Wait for it.... wait till her friend takes you to the backyard.) ツ
Oh! And nearly forgot to mention this:
The Chosen Run Wild With Bear Grylls. What a terrific idea!
*******
***
"For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." ... Matthew 6:14,15




No comments:
Post a Comment