Thursday, December 14, 2023

Let's Pause From Christmas and Look at Books, Movies, TV, Videos, Instead :)


 " ... put (your) hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment."   --- 1 Timothy 6:17


******


So is anyone else always searching for interesting, morally-decent, new-to-you books, movies, tv, and videos? 

Yeah, thought so.  シ


1.) Last week I discovered the Sparks and Joy cozy mystery book series via Kindle (only 99 cents!). Loved the first book (finished in one day), am now enjoying the second. Great characters and pacing. Go here to read the first synopsis.

And below are some movies Tom and I watched on our 'Saturdates' and can recommend:




3.) The Mighty Macs (based on a true story)




5.) Gibsonburg (ditto)


6.) Secretariat (ditto)


7.) The Rookie (ditto. We'd not watched this in years. Still great.)




9.) For months we anticipated The Hill (another true story) and overall, yes it was good except that the kid was consumed with baseball. No balance, which was confirmed when I read about his later life. His dad tried to fix that, but in mostly wrong ways. sigh.

So hey! At least cautionary tales can help improve us, certainly.


10.) Anyone remember the old tv series, The Streets of San Francisco? Some of the first season episodes are now available at Youtube. Here you go.


11.) I finished reading the Cider Shop Mystery cozy mystery series and wow. Loved them, especially the first and third books.


12.) Oooo... this video was lovely, well, the outcome (I did fast-forward a lot due to great anticipation!)-- Rotten Shed To Cottage Garden Fantasy. Definitely I'll need something like that in the backyard of my heavenly home. Definitely.

13.) And for those who prefer more traditional Christmas decor, you'll probably love this: Vintage Cottage-Style Christmas Decor.


14.) Oh, and while we wait for our favorite tv series' to return in February (!), we're rewatching Monk 'free' via Prime. Well, we did skip the majority of the Chirona episodes because her whining and nagging make us bonkers. Ha.


And well, ok. Let's toss in a bit of Christmas from my house. Instead of Where's Waldo, around here it's more like Where's Christmas? Heh. I prefer it low-key, find it if you can-ish.  シ


                      There's a Christmas tree print behind all that above our kitchen sink.


                     Give yourself 10 points if you spied the snowman couple immediately.


Ditto if you noticed the carolers. Those sets of shelves are behind the glass of our hutch (so kinda hidden) and the carolers were made by John and Donna who, this year, will both celebrate Christmas in Heaven.


               Okay, a bit more Christmas in-your-face there, the Merry Christmas sign. heh.


******





And may we remember, year-around, actually--






Please remember: My posts are always about more than they appear to be. 
 *** 

 "For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." ... Matthew 6:14,15

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Definitely keep a kind heart and look for people to help along the way and show Christ's love to.
I like your decorations but mine are a bit more "in your face." :-) We have the usual tree but mainly I have nativities and snowmen. No Santa's around here. Nothing against the jolly old Elf, but I'm trying to focus more on Jesus. The snowmen are up all winter long for decor. They make me happy and help me get through the snowy days.
Blessings,
Betsy

Terra said...

I find as I age I am much more open to offer to help strangers and to offer kind words. I always get a happy response. Thank you for reminding us to keep looking.

Pam said...

I think your touches of Christmas look great! I have really simplified over the past few years, and find it doesn't wear me out to decorate. And when it comes time to put stuff away, it's so much easier. It's okay for us to change how we do things, that's for sure!

Thanks for your book suggestions. I'm always looking for good reads!