Thursday, February 02, 2023

Where I Was



"However when He, the Spirit of Truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak from Himself, but whatsoever He will hear, that will He speak; and He will show you things to come."   --- John 16:13

******


Oh dear.

Last month covid struck our Hobbit Cottage and even now Tom and I are rather zombie-like. (Naomi recovered quickly. We're thankful she was here to help.)

On the first night I thought,"I can go through this complaining and full of self-pity (like usual) or I can praise my way through with gratitude." And in all my so-exhausted delerium, I attempted to keep choosing thankfulness. What a battle, but I tried and felt emotionally better as I lay in my sweet closet room watching I Love Lucy dvd's in between dreams.

Which variant did we have? Ha! I'm thinking all of them. I read down the lists and can check every box. Oh, and for two weeks a cloud bank darkened our windows, worsening everything.

But you know? Always I'll be thankful that years ago the Holy Spirit told me to buy what I needed just in case. So back then I purchased liquid ivermectin, tonic syrup, all the recommended vitamins, juice, tea, cough drops, ibuprofen, canned chicken soup and pineapple. I had a list of instructions and tons of kleenex, some colloidal silver and easily we ordered eggs and things from Aldi.

Even so? Man, this was one rough ride. Extreme fatigue is the worst and I had to give myself permission to do only enough to get by. I slept for days and oh dear, lost my passion to help people. The strength to care was gone.

Honey, that part was scary. Yet it taught me the importance of staying healthy so that never again do I venture there. Anytime we stop caring about encouraging folks, something is wrong.

Anyway, you get it.

Just know we're so grateful we survived this. The sun finally burst forth two days ago and immediately I felt 20 percent better and could dance on the inside.

Oh, and don't worry about any quick return to working too hard and relapses or anything. Even during the best of times no one takes more rests than I do. No one.   シ





"Heal me, Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise."   --- Jeremiah 17:14


"Complain and remain. Praise and be raised."   --- Joyce Meyer


Oh, and a few funny things happened over those 2 weeks, like this as I wrote to a friend:

"The fatigue is the worst. The other day I came down the stairs and told Tom, "Well, I finally feel caught up on rest." Then I looked at the clock and said, "Man, it's just one hour before my bedtime!'"  シ


******



I read 4 books last month and here is one you can read, as well. It's a middle grade book, short, but is well-written, has awesome illustrations and is thought-provoking, a book that sticks with you.

Ariel posted at least another 2 videos! Go here to check them out.

Here's another NYC apartment I enjoyed touring. And while we're at it, one more.



A huge thanks to those of you who prayed for us! This was yet one more time I felt grateful for Facebook and the ability to give everyone updates.





Has everyone bought or made their Valentines yet?



******




Please remember: My posts are always about more than they appear to be. *** "For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." ... Matthew 6:14,15

5 comments:

Sandi said...

I was just watching a video about how Vitamin D helps in fight and recovery.

Pam said...

What a month all of you had. Thankful that you're doing better. We've had lots of sickness in and around our family, too. You're right about the benefits of a stocked pantry. What a blessing it is to have plenty of food and paper products when you're too sick to even think about shopping for groceries. You, Tom and Naomi are in my prayers. xoxo

Jammie J. said...

Oh, goodness. I'm so glad you're feeling better!

Debra said...

Sandi--oh! Vitamin D3 is my very favorite vitamin. I give it the most credit in keeping me so well these past 12 years, especially. Thanks for looking out for me!

Pam--thanks for praying for us! I'm sorry to hear you've had sickness in your family and I was saddened to read your following comment saying you and your little granddaughter had a virus! Please know I'm praying for you both. Over 3 weeks later I'm still recovering and my oh my, this is getting old. :) Hang in there!

Jammie J! I was so happy to see you're still reading here. You were one of my very earliest readers and your comments always made me smile. Thank-you for your well wishes!

Thanks so much, Everyone! Blessings, Debra

Jammie J. said...

:) I'm so happy you remember me! I'm still here. I read blogs late at night, and yours especially always brings me peace. You bring such a gift of information and resources. I had to figure out how to log into my account again to leave a comment. :)