Wednesday, September 07, 2022

Do It--Or Something Like It--Now


"Don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened."   --- Dr. Seuss


******


Well, this was sad.

Via Youtube, Justin Scarred took us to Henry Ford's Greenfield Village and wow, if you go there, you'll feel time travel does exist. What a dreamy, old-fashioned town.

Afterward, on Facebook, a woman wrote this and got me all teary-eyed:

"Justin, In January my husband had a major stroke and today I turned on the last four videos you’ve done at Gettysburg and this one above. It’s sad-- at first my husband didn’t remember who you were. I explained to him we used to watch you all the time, that you’re my favorite guy, but when he got done with those episodes he wept and cried and said, "I want to do that! I wish I could go." It made me so sad, it was like a little kid, but thank you for entertaining my husband and giving him that awesome video that you did."

Oh. My. Goodness. Haunted me for days, perhaps because it reminded me that much of what I did in my earlier years, I can no longer do today. 

Yet truly, color me grateful that Tom, Naomi and I --

moved 3000 miles to New York state,
that I used our Autumn Cottage as a 14-year decorating class/project. 
That we later bought that 3 acre farm
and took those 4 cross-country train trips. 
That we walked through hundreds of old houses via estate sales
made the friends we did, 
went camping
and had myriad other adventures.

And today from age 63 I would tell you do it now. Or begin making plans now. Or discover do-able alternatives now.

Why? To everything there truly is a season and wow. Most seasons are short! And many evaporate while we procrastinate, doubt and fear.

Take the trip now. Or make the plans today.
Or travel vicariously through others via Youtube, books, etc.
Decorate that room. Or study the how-to's first.
Visit that family member, that friend, now.
Learn that new skill (prepping, maybe?). ッ
Train for that new career.
Introduce yourself to that neighbor.
Start that exercise program or vitamin regimen.
Write that book. That song. That play.

But let the Holy Spirit lead! Take tiny steps or huge ones, whatever He says is timely. Truly, in this case, timing is everything, for only at the right time does Grace hop up and down, declaring "I'm here! I'm available for all the help you require. But just if you act now."

Yet if we wait? Only struggle or even impossibilities remain. And regret, oh dear, too much regret.

Do it now or begin it now before Grace, as they say, has left the building.






"The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, while the soul of the diligent is richly supplied."   --- Proverbs 13:4


God places certain dreams within our hearts so to accomplish specific things, like His will, upon this Earth. Take nothing for granted, count nothing too small!


Oh, and just because 2022 Times are rough does not mean our dreams must end! The dreams God gives us will happen if we keep believing, staying open to miracles and doing our part to see them through.


******


 Never let anyone steal your hope!





Did you know that A Christmas Story sequel is coming to HBO Max in November? Could be cute--I'm not going to join in with the naysayers, at least, not until I watch it for myself. heh.




Already I've told you I love traveling Route 66 via Youtube videos, somedays 5 days a week! But I keep forgetting to mention the Little House On the Prairie sites also via Youtube. Sometimes I travel to those, too, but along with families. It's like sneaking inside their vans, then walking along beside them all invisible-like. (Nah, that doesn't sound creepy at all.)  ツ


******






And always remember.... God can make a way where there is no way. He excels at that.


******


Please remember: My posts are always about more than they appear to be. 

 ***

 "For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." ... Matthew 6:14,15

3 comments:

Pam said...

This post is absolutely true. It's interesting how most of us are so busy in our lives, that the years fly by and one day we wake up, look in the mirror, and realize that we have changed. Maybe that is the wake up call that we need, though. Although many of us face challenges, as long as we rely on God to lead us and carry us, anything is possible.





Betsy said...

Life is indeed flying by so quickly. We're contemplating another move. Praying, praying, praying for God's leading. We've moved Mom into an apartment in a Independent Living Retirement building. She absolutely loves it. We have her house up for sale now. Today was the first day and seven families toured it so we're hopeful. We only bought this house to be next door to her. Since the neighborhood isn't the best, and we have to drive 1/2 hour to her home and to Mandy's, we're thinking of getting an apartment! Something totally new for us. That way we could lock the door and and go camping or wherever and not worry about snow removal or yard work.
God will tell us what to do in His time. We'll see what happens.
We're trying to use the time we've been given in a good way.
Blessings,
Betsy

Debra said...

Thanks, Pam! Life does sail by and often I tell myself to slow down, sit and realize where I am and that I need to be grateful for even tiny things. I've found Life is better appreciated in the slow lane. heh. :)

Betsy--I'm so glad your mother in law is loving her new home! When we first moved to this house I often used to dream about living in that type of place. heh. I think it was because the farm tired me out more than I realized. But now I've come to appreciate our little Hobbit Cottage and how--in some ways--it's better than whatever other living situation we could find, at least at this moment. If you do move to an apartment I'd love to hear all about it and see photos of course! Tom and I absolutely loved our apartment life in 2008. The simplicity of it was remarkable.

Thanks so much, Ladies! Blessings, Debra