Wednesday, April 20, 2022

For Those Who've Lost Dear Ones


"In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?"   ---John 14:2


******


Waaay back in 2013 I wrote about Kris, who I'd known in Chester, CA., how I'd, sadly, discovered her obituary online. She'd died at only age 48. (I'll wait if you'd like to read that post, first.) ツ

Fast forward to one dark, icy morning in 2019. 

I'd just wheeled the trash can to the curb, then as I touched the back doorknob I recalled Kris' daughter's latest post to our Chester Facebook group. "She sounds exactly like her mom!", I mused, chuckling. "Bubbly. Like a leader."

I paused in our kitchen to remove my coat, but stopped. Suddenly the oddest thing happened! In my mind I saw Kris in Heaven (light everywhere) amongst a small crowd. Happily she exclaimed, "Come on, Everybody! Let's make a parade for the Lord!"

The folks around her laughed, cheered, then formed a line, raising their arms, stretching them side to side. They proceeded with various dance steps and the line curved, advanced down the way, until the 'vision' vanished.

Wow. That shook and blessed me. Such a rare thing, one I didn't feel released to share until now.

Lately I realized something: after that happened, I began 'researching' Heaven. Read books about it, watched Youtube videos, discovered favorite heaven-leaning authors, speakers, teachers.

I even began planning my heavenly home! Its yard. My library. What I'll do, who I'll see. Some days, in my imagination, I take little walks there--they're becoming happily familiar to me, these imagined 'tours'.

Even when I sit at the table paying our bills, sometimes I muse, "Just think! No more paying bills in Heaven!" That usually flows to, "And no more cooking unless I want to. No more dark, cold clouds keeping me from our front porch. No sinus issues. No reading-glasses slipping down my nose. No more having to remember to set meat out to defrost."

"No more ---" Well, you get it.

I love, love thinking about Heaven. All the folks who I know live there now and how they're having the times of their lives. How I believe they can see us down here, pray for us, while never, themselves, wishing they could return due to that indescribable, perfect place: their home.

Oh, the joy of anticipation! But even so, I never limit my joy to 'the sweet by and by'. 

No, Jesus lives second-by-second with me here. Also, I believe He's going to do awesome things soon upon this Earth! He'll set some upside-down things, right-side up. It'll be exciting and I can barely wait. 

And so I will continue to pray, "Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven."

And wait and be and complete what He intended me to do. In the meantime. Wrapped around by much joy.




"As for the rich in this present age, charge them not to be haughty, nor to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy. They are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share, thus storing up treasure for themselves as a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is truly life."   --- 1 Timothy 6:17-19

Our loved ones in Heaven? I've a feeling it's important to them that we, for our sakes, complete (finish) the journey, the mission, the plans God intended specifically for us.


******




Two movies Tom and I enjoyed:

Waffle Street (based on a true story)

Please Stand By (just a bit of 'language' at the beginning, otherwise, fine)


Fans of Jennifer Garner and Donnie Osmond will be delighted by this. ツ


******


Had to smile (and agree it often feels this way!)  







Please remember: My posts are always about more than they appear to be. 

 *** 

 "For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." ... Matthew 6:14,15

3 comments:

Betsy said...

I admit that I often think of Heaven too, remembering when my heart stopped and I briefly visited my Mom and Grandma, before coming back here. I DID NOT want to come back. Just last night I was telling Dennis that maybe we'll get to have our little stone cottage overlooking the ocean someday in Heaven. I think that would be perfect, but whatever is planned for me will be wonderful and I know that whatever that is, I will be content and ecstatic to be there.
I think events here are speeding up tremendously and I hope Jesus doesn't tarry long. Heaven is calling me back, each and every day.
Blessings,
Betsy

Pam said...

It seems that heaven beckons to all of us who believe. When we're young, we might think about it once in a while, especially when a friend or loved one goes there, but as the years pass, we know we're drawing closer every day. We have more and more loved ones and friends who are there, and we often long to go, too. I think we were created with that longing in our heart. As the old hymn says, "...but until then, I'll go on singing; until then, with joy I'll carry on. Until that day my eyes behold that city; until the day He calls me home."

Diana said...

I'm also watching for that moment the Lord shouts, "Come up here!" I think about this every single second of every single day. I don't care where I live in Heaven, I just want to be there. I want to sing and worship God and His Son. I want to see my parents and my son again, but I hope and pray that ALL my family will be going WITH me. I'm a-gonna take as many along as I can, so I'm tryin' to witness and bring more to Jesus! Blessings and hugs, Debra!