Saturday, December 11, 2021

What? Your 2021 Wasn't Fun?


"He leadeth me, O blessed thought!
O words with heav’nly comfort fraught!
Whate’er I do, where’er I be
Still ’tis God’s hand that leadeth me."  --- Joseph H. Gilmore


******


2021, right? 

Whew. What a year in which to grow closer to God! All those opportunities to lean upon His shoulder and love Him more. Wow.

That was the best part (in my opinion).

And Growth Spurt City!  Gee, what a perfect year for sharing: our time, compassion, money, humor, wisdom, food, Bible verses, admonitions, talents, personal discoveries, testimonies and hope for what God's bringing in 2022(!)

Wow, all the challenges, ok, but what chances to turn into the person God (and probably our families, yikes!) had waited ages for us to become!  シ

2021. Certainly not a year for 'hiding our light under a basket', but rather, a year for much sowing of seeds. Oh, the blessings sowers (but not hiders, sorry) will reap in 2022! (You may quote me on that.)

You're leaving this year excited, right? More courageous, more sure of your calling and more in love with Jesus than ever. May it be, indeed.

2021. A learning year, chocked full of growth potential. Challenging, adventurous and certainly never boring!




"Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." --- Luke 6:38

I wear the chain I forged in life. He warns Scrooge that it is required of every man, that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide; and, if that spirit goes not forth in life, it is condemned to do so after death. "   --- notes from A Christmas Carol


He leadeth me, He leadeth me,
By His own hand He leadeth me;
His faithful foll’wer I would be,
For by His hand He leadeth me.


******

Wow. The encouragers God sent me in 2021! 

Below you'll find a short list of folks for whom I'm so grateful. God knows exactly who will aid and encourage us, who will help us keep standing when we're tempted to tip over in a heap.  シ








Many Youtube song reactors






And Gab! Oh, all the political kindred spirits I discovered at Gab.


My encouragers mean much to me and often I pray down extra-special blessings upon them. 

Not finding encouragers of your own? Remember 'we have not because we ask not' and 'if we seek, we will find'. The Holy Spirit will lead us to whatever we need, for ultimately 'our help comes from the Lord'.

Marvelous news!

(Oh, and a very special thanks to those of you, my Readers, who've encouraged me this year. Thank-you much for faithfully doing your part!)




Oh! These are fun. They're 'timers' at Youtube. What a creative idea, indeed. Check them out, ok? Here's my favorite one.

And this was very cool. Your own tour of the Walton's tv house! I truly enjoyed this video.



Ha! So true.  ツ



Jesus said unto him, You shall love the Lord thy God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.""Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory ..."   --- Matthew 22:37, 1 Peter 1:8


******



Please remember: My posts are always about more than they appear to be. 

 *** 

 "For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." ... Matthew 6:14,15

4 comments:

Pam said...

I love that old hymn, "He Leadeth Me" and remember sitting next to my grandmothers, singing it from a very young age. Even though those words of truth have been deeply etched in my mind and heart, I don't always live as though I believe God is leading me. In 2021, the Lord has been faithful to lead and support us during some uncertain times. I hope that I will not forget the lessons learned in 2021 (but knowing me, I'll probably need a refresher course).

Betsy said...

Such an encouraging post Debra. I'm sorry I'm so late in commenting. I read it this morning but I was called away before I had a chance to comment and the day just continued busily after that. Many of your encouragers are also those that I listen to. Thank you for faithfully planting the seeds of the gospel each time you visit with us.
Oh, and I would love to live in that little cottage at the end of your post.
Blessings,
Betsy

Leah said...

One of the biggest changes that I made this year is that I stopped following social media accounts that left me feeling anxious and depressed, and now I only follow encouragers. Wow, what a difference it has made in my outlook on life! I still check the news every morning so that I have a general view of what's going on in the world, but then I focus on what's true and honest and just and pure and lovely for the rest of the day...and it makes me excited about 2022. There is still so much beauty and goodness around us. Life is very uncertain, both in general and for my family specifically, but God's faithfulness transcends the uncertainty. Merry Christmas to you and yours, Debra! (oh, and you are definitely on my encouragers list!).

Debra said...

Aww, Pam... I think you're too hard on yourself (like I am, too. ...smile...). In 2022 may we both relax a bit in Jesus' arms, basking in His love and acceptance of us so we can more freely do all that He asks. (I remember sitting next to my grandmother while singing that song, also!) :)

Betsy--thanks so much for your kind words! And I, also, was enchanted by that cottage. I'd love to have it in my backyard, certainly. :)

Leah--your last sentence made me smile and made my day! Thanks so very much and for reading and commenting here.

Thanks so much, Everyone! Blessings, Debra