Thursday, October 28, 2004

Ever Wanted to Tweak Your Gift?



Sometimes I visit blogs which have the most amazing, articulate, wise posts full of spiritual meat and depth. 

And often this thought comes to me: I wish my blog posts were full of deep thoughts which make people think, "Wow, that was awesome! That's something I never thought about before."

But that lasts just a few minutes. Well, okay, a few hours.

But then God reminds me of a few things. Such as, I always feel He is guiding my thoughts as I'm writing in this blog. It never feels like I'm "squeezing blood from a turnip." And frankly, in previous years, I always forced myself to write for the sake of practice and discipline and woah, felt the frustration dripping down my face.

But no more. Those days are pffft. Gone.

Now I only write when I sense God is wants to speak through me the simple truths. There is no struggle, even during the rewriting (and rewriting). The whole process is (usually) a joy, because God is in it and where He is, there is fullness of joy.

Of course, probably I could write some rambling posts which sound quasi-deep and wise. And make myself crazy in the process. And be a phony. And make God look weird (or something).

So instead, I'll just keep sharing the simple truths which have restored to me the joy of my salvation, simple truths which I'm, in turn, happy to share with those of you who check in here often (for which I say thanks).

It's important that I accept the gifts God gives me. Maybe someday my writing will become deeper and more philosophical. Maybe it never will. What matters is that I always do my best to be a willing, empty vessel through whom Jesus can speak in whatever way He wishes.



******


Give what you have. To someone, it may be better than you dare to think...
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow



***

No comments: