Monday, August 26, 2013

Spreading Happiness


Oh my goodness.

There is nothing better that I could share today than this.

So here you go... The Business 9 Women Kept a Secret for 3 Decades.

A special thanks to Judy and Clarice (check out Clarice's new table!) for sharing this wonderful article at Facebook.


*****

And for those of you who do Swagbucks? Each morning I do the daily NOSO right before I try earning points with a search. What often immediately gives me those search points? Inserting the phrase I typed into the NOSO just seconds before. Doesn't work everytime, of course, but many times it has.

Just thought I'd pass along this hint!

*****

"When you give alms, do not blow a trumpet before you ... But when you give alms, do not let your left hand know what your right is doing, so that your almsgiving may be secret. And your Father who sees in secret will repay you. "

From Matthew 6

5 comments:

Storybook Woods said...

Isn't that the most amazing story. Those ladies rock!! xox Clarice

Anonymous said...

It is another example of how you cannot Really know someone. I imagine many who are friends of these ladies{ and now families} didn't know all those years what they were doing. I can't even imagine making 100 pound cakes every day and getting them out to be delivered let alone all they are still doing besides that today. Truly amazing and totally inspiring. Thank you ladies for sharing. I have done some 'listening' at markets and such and intervening...but Never to the extent these kind ladies do!!!! Wow! And Wow! again. Sarah

Robin in New Jersey said...

Good for them! Keeping it secret all those years means they didn't toot their own horns. I enjoy giving people my baked goods, so I try at least once a month to give something to someone for no reason at all. Shoot, am I tooting my own horn now?!

Mary said...

Love this! Thanks for sharing!

JulienliT said...

Hi, Debra!

I thought I would spread some happiness... I have mostly been reading your blog through my smart phone, and I find that I can't post comments when I use that, so many of my oh so ever interesting comments to your wonderful writings have been lost! ;)

But, now on the big computer, I can send you this link, because I know you will enjoy the photos: http://www.facebook.com/PorchSittingUnionofAmerica

Have a lovely Labor Day! :)

Julie