Saturday, March 16, 2013

Another March 16th... Another Birthday.


Happy birthday to me!

I awoke early, 4:30, went downstairs, fed the cats then opened a gift I received in the mail from Naomi yesterday because I knew it would contain chocolate. (She knows what I love. heh.) And it did--lovely organic dark chocolate. Yum.

Then with my hot chocolate in hand, (I told you I love chocolate), I went back upstairs and read my buddy, Judy's, birthday wish to me at Facebook (love Judy. Love Facebook.) and smiled and answered her. Then found a lovely, lovely ecard in my box from my other pal, Wilma.

Oh, and Swagbucks gave me 50 extra points just for being born on this day--woo hoo!

Such blessings at 4:30, especially since Tom worked all night and isn't home yet. But there are cats here and Jesus and sweet Hobbit Cottage and my happy world online.

I watched an episode of Extreme Couponing (I know, I know,) and then found an awesome coupon online. Are you acquainted with the overly-priced (but tasty) Alexia brand of frozen potatoes and onions? Well, they've come out with another terrific coupon: $2.50 off any of their products. Yay! Free packages or just $1 when they go on sale.

And now it's only 6:30 a.m., but already I feel like one extremely blessed woman. Indeed.

Oh! And Tom sent me a gift card for amazon.com. Just what I asked for. Books! eBooks! Hooray!

And I have plans. After Tom goes to bed, I'll drive down to my supermarket, use some awesome coupons for amazing deals there (and at Dollar Tree), place the groceries in our car (which will feel like a refrigerator), then step back into the supermarket for coffee and magazines at the little dining area. I've not done that in a very long time.

That's how I'll begin my day... and we're expecting a bit of sunshine, too! God is good. Extremely.


*****

Elizabeth wondered after my last post why anyone would even do Facebook. Here are just a few reasons I love it:

Gobs and gobs of birthday wishes from your friends, beginning when you wake up at 4:30 on your special day. Sending birthday wishes, too, and making others smile on their own special day.

Seeing sweet baby smiles on adorable cherub faces of your friends' children and grand children or your own grandkids or nieces and nephews whose growing-up you'd otherwise miss. Viewing new-mother-joy upon their glowing faces (is there anything else quite like that?).

Being able to congratulate friends for their accomplishments, marriages, births, anniversaries, etc. Celebrating with them. And too, offering support when they lose loved ones.

Daily Bible verses and inspiring quotes sent from friends and favorite ministries at the perfect time for comfort and encouragement. Links to sermons and blog posts with 'words aptly spoken'.

Prayer requests! Knowing my friends will pray for me within seconds of posting a request. Praying for my friends' needs and seeing miracles afterward. And being able to send comforting thoughts when prayers are answered in ways we wish they hadn't been.

Hearing from sweet friends I thought I'd lost decades ago. Sharing my life with them again and getting to know them better now that we're all going through Life together in our older years.

Seeing fun photos from high school reunions (who are those old people? ...heh...) I missed and hearing details of conversations there. Also viewing amazing wedding/ or birthday party photos and seeing old friends' faces amongst the guests.

Rejoicing with those who rejoice, weeping with those who weep.

Sharing ideas and thoughts and memories. Meeting people with your same interests, concerns and beliefs.

Receiving incredible book, restaurant, movie and tv show recommendations. Seeing photos shared of beautifully decorated rooms which my friends loved and shared.

Printing hundreds of high-value coupons from food companies and via coupon bloggers at Facebook. Getting to those coupons immediately rather than missing out after they're gone.

Sharing yummy, easy to make recipes. Also sharing ideas and blogsites about how to stay healthy.

Funny, funny cartoons sent by friends which make me chuckle all day long. Sharing those chuckles with my friends at Facebook.

Adorable pictures and videos of kittens, puppies, flowers and children. Photos of friends' latest, beautiful knitting, craft and sewing projects.

Discovering news stories and websites I wouldn't have heard about any other way. Learning what interests my friends by seeing what they share--and then being able to pass on to them what I think they'll find interesting.

Gorgeous, scenic photography taken from my friends' cameras from their own backyards or across the world on vacations. Or seeing paintings they created themselves or admired.

Sharing all these blessings, passing them along to so bless my own Facebook friends. Watching many friends, over the years, grow in Grace and God.

And for me, Facebook has been this encourager's dream come true. Some days I literally sit here and wait for the needs which come through the hurting voices of my friends. What a privilege to help and to show that God and I care.

******


A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the 


spirit.

-----Proverbs 15:13 

All the days of the oppressed are wretched, but the cheerful heart


has a continual feast
.
-----Proverbs 15:15 

A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health 


to the bones.


-----Proverbs 15:30

********* 

Here's a pretty gift for you: Gatherings Magazine Online. Such 

cheerful vintage pastel decor! (Special thanks to Clarice for sharing 

this link at Facebook!)


Here's another little gift for you.... Each day Daily Worth will send 

you emails with hints which help women with their money. I signed-

up just this week and have appreciated the ideas they've sent me so 

far.


**********

6 comments:

Mary said...

Happy Birthday! i hope you have a great day!

Nan said...

Happy Birthday!! A fellow Pisces!

Tracy said...

Happy Birthday, Debra! May you be blessed abundantly in the year ahead! :)

Robin in New Jersey said...

Thank you for the link to the Alexia coupon! What a great coupon!

Happy Birthday!

Sandra Vick said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Debra said...

Thank-you so much to each of you for taking the time to drop by here and wish me a happy birthday! You all made my day more special and I appreciate that so very much! Thanks again! Blessings, Debra