Sunday, July 22, 2012

Your Secret Place: Have You Found It Yet?

"He that dwells in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.  ... Psalm 91:1
********
This latest tragedy, the one in Colorado, reminds me of this:


But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days.  People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,  without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good,  treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God..... They are men of depraved minds...."  From 2 Timothy 3

So really, it's not like we were never warned. We were. And there's more to come, I assure you.


And I can also assure you of something else, namely-- the verse at the top of this blog post, well, works. When we dwell in the secret place of God, we live under His shadow and oh, it's peaceful there. Tranquil. There's a refreshing, a healing of hurts and a restoration of calm within that quiet place.


It's a place to run to after and before tragedies occur.


And today I hope that you will-- if you haven't already discovered that secret place-- spend some time finding it. Where it is, what it means, how to get there and how to find what you need once you step into it. 


These Last Days will only grow more tragic and more disturbing. But the Secret Place People will make it through with their hearts and minds still whole, still calm, still able to trust a good God who's bigger than any tragedy this life will ever show us.




********************


Matthew 11:28-30  Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”




John 14:27  Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.


***************

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't help but think right off when that happened...were those who died ready to meet the Lord? That was the first thought I had after praying for the whole situation. Would I have been ready? What would I say when He asked me just what all I did for Him? I thought of all the families still in anguish wondering if their loved ones made it out of the theater that night or not...The young shooter himself and his family. Too too sad. I try to keep my mind stayed on Him. That is my peace. I know He knows all the answers and our tomorrows. We know about nothing yet can put our trust in Him. As they say "the peace that passes understanding." It really does us no good to go around worrying about all this upheaval in the world if there is nothing we ourselves can do about the big picture. We can pray and do what we can that God asks us to do in our circle of people or where He want us to go or do things. Worrying alone gets us no where and does not show that we have any confidence in God. Am I thinking right do you think Debra? Sarah

Robin in New Jersey said...

Sarah~~Yes, you are thinking right. I agree with your statement that "worrying gets us no where and doesn't show we have confidence in God." I used to be a "worry wart", as my Grama would say. The Lord has really worked on me over the last several years on this bad habit. I am learning to give it all over to Him, who is able above and beyond what I could imagine. Worry used to immobilize me, now I am able to leave it with Him and go about my days.

What happened in CO is so tragic. I can not even imagine what the mother of the young man who did the shooting is going through. My heart and prayers go out to all the
families who lost loved ones.

Keep the faith!