Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Summertime. Not For Wimps (Like Me)


Summer, too, shall pass.


***********


Hard to believe some people actually love summer.


They must have central air-conditioning or some awesome window air-conditioners.
Or their blood must have extra coolant in it.
Or they must live in Alaska or the North Pole.
Or they must like having an excuse to not get much work done.
Or maybe they 'don't have all four chairs scooted under the table'. heh.


But whatever, I can't say I enjoy summer--I only tolerate it year after year. Days like this one-- 92 degrees with high humidity--make me feel 95-years-old. Bleh. I hurry around in the mornings doing my housework (though even this morning was too muggy to actually hurry) then I spend the rest of the day reading, watching tv and just, well, surviving.


The other thing I do? I keep giving myself permission to be happy. That's important. 


I give myself permission to be happy even though I'm not accomplishing much and appear downright lazy. Even though I'm behind in the laundry and the cats are out of canned food, but I don't have the car and I'd never survive the walk to 7-11 (we have plenty of dry cat food, but the vet says Sammy's supposed to have just canned, which of course, being a cat, he doesn't like as much as dry). Even though the lawn is drying out and we're in a rare drought here in Western New York. 


Even though..........


Yes, even though summertime is always the only time of year I feel unhealthy and super-brain-muddled---still---I will give myself permission to be happy anyway. For oh, God is still God and He is still good and He still takes such marvelous care of His kids. And summer doesn't wear Him out--no way! So today? Color me happy anyway and color me leaning on Him. For I am, you know. Summer after summer, that leaning is the only way I make it to Autumn.




***********
Again, we do have a small window air-conditioner and extra fans. If not for those, well, this would be the blog of a ghost. :)


************


I am aiming for this:


"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want."  ... Philippians 4:13


And this:


Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!"  ... Philippians 4:4




********************************




At least it's not as hot here as it is at Pat's house. Good grief. Now, that's just ludicrous!




*********************************

3 comments:

Kim~HomeIsWhereTheHeartIs said...

I do not tolerate this hot weather either (I'm in Southwesterb PA) I'd much rather be a houseplant that be outside when it's like this...so thankful for air-conditioning...Stay Cool!

Kim~HomeIsWhereTheHeartIs said...

*Southwestern...I hit publish your comment right when I noticed I spelled it wrong...

Sara said...

Lord, it is warm in the Mitten! So grateful for central air and blinds on every window!!