Thursday, May 03, 2012
Reasons For Our Unhappiness
1. We're minding other peoples' business rather than our own.
2. We're not forgiving people or ourselves or what Life dumps on us.
3. We're craving things God does not want us to have.
4. We've got too much clutter in our homes, yards, cars or heads.
5. We're complaining.
6. We're waiting for perfect circumstances before we'll be happy.
7. We're relying upon other people for our happiness.
8. We're competing and are only happy when we 'win.'
9. We're expecting money to make us happy.
10. We're putting family or friends before God.
11. We're living out-of-balance.
12. We're believing God doesn't want us to be happy.
13. We're waiting until we reach Heaven to be happy.
14. We're allowing Discouragement or Worry to camp inside of us.
15. We're too busy. Too often drinking from shallow pools, not deep ones.
17. We're trying to impress people. Our lives are too complicated.
18. We keep taking in for ourselves and not giving back out to others.
19. We're not moving forward.
And ok, none of us is this hung-up (Heaven forbid!), but what I've seen? Just one or two of these can block our daily happiness and thus, this is why we must let God deal with us as He wishes. To correct us, change us and rid us of anything which would block His joy (our strength!) and keep it from flowing out to this hopeless, unhappy 2012 planet.
We have what this world needs--it's available to us--and it's vital that we spread it around!
"I (Jesus) came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it [a]overflows)." ... John 10:10
... for the joy of the Lord is our strength..." ... Nehemiah 8:10
"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands... " 1 Thessalonians 4:11