Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sow Those Seeds!





"In Joppa there was a disciple named Dorcas who was always doing good 
and helping the poor. About that time she became sick and died .... so when
        the disciples heard that Peter was in Lydda, they sent two men to
        him and urged him, 'Please come at once!' Peter went with them ... and 
all the widows stood around him, crying and showing him the robes and 
other clothing that Dorcas had made while she was still with them." 
From Acts 9


********

Don't you just love that (very abbreviated) Bible story of Dorcas? The part about 
how she was always doing good? That reminds me of how the Bible says "Jesus went 
about doing good ... for God was with Him" (Acts 10:38) and this, too:


"Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written."  ... John 21:25








Looks like both Jesus and Dorcas were majorly into sowing seeds! Flinging them everywhere they went and watching good things grow from those seeds. 

Jesus and Dorcas made a difference during their short years upon this planet.


And you know? I want to always go around doing good and helping and healing and turning darkness into light. I want to be positive at Facebook so to help override the negativity stemming from the weight of Today's world. I want to be an encouragement here in my blog, in emails and to everyone with whom I speak. When I get to Heaven I'd like there to be at least one book full of the "God ideas" I did as best I could, for Him, using the strength of His joy. I want the list of people I prayed earnestly for to be one super l-o-n-g sheet of paper.


That should keep me pretty busy, right? Too busy to complain about the government and raunchy movies and naughty movie stars and the weather and crime and how the whole world is getting really, really bad. There's so much this simple homemaker can do to make a difference! Well, as long as she obeys and relies upon a really, really big God while she's out there flinging those seeds around like crazy in the bright Sonlight. 














*******





Do I believe there's never a time to stand against the bad things going on? No, we should say/do something when God nudges us to do so. But I do believe it's folly (like, rather stupid) to believe we're changing anything just by complaining about evil day after day to our friends.










********



Today's photos? My world from my window.



************************


" Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world ...  choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful, But he who received seed on the good ground is he who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.”    .... Matthew 13:22,23


********************


3 comments:

Sara said...

Such a good post!

Tracy said...

Love it!

Rosemary said...

Debra, you are a Dorcas (of sorts) stitching together lovely words of encouragement, comfort, and truth. You have made a difference in my life...