Wednesday, March 07, 2012

A Peek At Heaven



Oh wow. Yesterday afternoon I spent three hours in Heaven.


Well, kinda!


Oh my goodness, I discovered an online book written around 1900 where the author spent 40 days in Heaven and would return to share with a co-author about what he'd seen. (It's rather hard to explain that... you'll need to read that part for yourself.)


I sat here reading for hours and when I finally walked away? I felt such joy and as though  I'd actually been away visiting Heaven.


No, really.


Want to take your own three-hour tour of Heaven today? Well, the chariot ride leaves from here:


Paradise, The Holy City and the Glory of the Throne


You know how sometimes you receive the perfect gift and you know for certain God dropped it down to you at just the right moment? Well, my, my, my... I can't even explain to you how blessed I'm still feeling even all these hours later after God led me to that book at just the perfect time.


And more than ever I'm convinced that how I live for God here on Earth will greatly matter for all eternity in Heaven. It will matter how I treated people here, how quickly I forgave them. It will matter that I allowed God to change me and make me holy (and that I didn't try to do that by way of my own bright ideas). It will matter that I lived in harmony, in peace, with Tom, Naomi and those with whom God gave me to love and share Him.


 And mostly, it will matter that I walked through my days with a conscious knowing that Jesus walked beside me. And that He loved it when we shared those moments together the way good friends do. And that we became so close that obedience became a natural byproduct.


Oh my. I just may make another trip to Heaven today. Be sure to wave to me if you see me over in the next chariot over here, ok?  :)






***********************


Oh! Before you go there let me add that I had to run my cursor over the words so to turn them white and make them readable. The whole book was printed in blue letters on a blue background.....oy! But changing the letters to white was a huge improvement for me.






***********************


 "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."  ... - Matthew 6:19-21 (KJV)



"Be very careful, then, how you live--not as unwise but as wise,"  ... Ephesians 5:15



**************************