Monday, March 19, 2012

Oh Spring!



Ah, Springtime! It came early to our house this year and placed the joy of old-fashioned housekeeping in my blood again. 


So this morning I got  made-up and dressed and drove the sunny morning street to my supermarket where they play 1940's tunes. I pushed my cart around happily and even chatted with a lady about some special coupons in our local newspaper and how our store still didn't have the pancake mix they'd advertised. And the young, pretty check stand woman did such a superb job that I filled out a comment form on my way out, singing her praises.


And when I arrived home, Tom helped me unpack the groceries while I showed him the items I'd gotten free this week and Daniel raced around and grabbed our ankles. 


Then I changed into my housekeeping skirt which I'd not worn since November and the rest of today I will play Susie Homemaker, apron and all, for I'll iron upstairs and wash laundry down in the basement and after I make lunch I'll sit on the front porch and read from 1930's magazines. I'll mail a get well card and then wash a couple kitchen windows and vacuum upstairs and probably fold away my winter clothes (yay!) into drawers and place my fair-weather clothes, instead, at the closet's front.


And who knows what else, for hey! Spring came early this year and we're due to break 6 records this week warm-weather-wise and you know? I'll take it. And be grateful for it all, housework included.






*******************




Psalm 128:2 
You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours. 





********************

6 comments:

Echoes From the Hill said...

Isn't it wonderful to have beautiful spring-like days when we don't expect them? We've had lovely weather in Colorado, too. Today, it is cold again, but it is sunny, so I can't complain. March and April are usually our snowiest months, so this reprieve has been very much appreciated.
Enjoy your day.
nancyr

Tracy said...

Our days have been very Spring-like for a couple weeks now and I'm loving every bit of it! Been working in the yard enjoying the fresh air & sunshine.

Sounds like you have plans for a wonderful day. Enjoy!

K.E. said...

Putting away winter clothes is the surest way to get another cold snap. At least in my experience. ;)

mizsuzee said...

I am SO jealous of your lovely spring weather, Debra! We have had snow for the past three days! Not a lot, but it was SNOW! Your day sounds perfect! :) Susan

Yellowhouse Grandma said...

It is so beautiful here in Michigan as well. I had my clothes lines full yesterday! I too washed the kitchen windows and cleaned all day and loved it. This is our "March Madness". Has not been this warm since record keeping began!

Robin in New Jersey said...

Hi Debra! I love how spring puts a spring into our lives!! Today I am putting away the winter coats and hats and gloves and scarves after I wash everything. I usually don't do it until April, because you never know when you will get a freak spring snowstorm. But, somehow, I think we are past that now. It was 80 here yesterday! I can probably hand it all on the line outside to dry! That will be a first.

Have a great day!