Thursday, March 15, 2012

First I'll Finish. Then There'll Be Heaven.

"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God." ... Acts 20:24


*****

So last week as I read and watched peoples' testimonies online about their visions of Heaven, I kept thinking, "Oh! Beam me up, Scotty! I'm ready. So wanna go there. So wanna go now."

And God let me camp there for awhile. I even planned my first thousand years in Heaven, how I'll mostly follow Jesus around, hold His hand, as He spends time with everybody. And how I'll check-out my mansion which I know will be the smallish one on the block because I prefer small houses and which will be decorated like Kim's Daisy Cottage, what with all its cheerful yellows, reds, greens and blues. 


Happy sigh. Can't wait to invite you all over to my pretty place and talk and laugh with you there.

Also during those first years I simply must visit that Reality Theater which Kat Kerr spoke of here. My, my... her description of those 'live movies' totally captured my imagination. And something else! I know for certain there will be at least one 'nightclub' (Christian, but of course!) where everyone sits regally at small round tables with white tablecloths, listening to music with a 1930's and 40's feel, drinking fizzy fruit juice from pretty glasses. 

How do I know there's a place like that? I just know. That would complete Heaven for me, that and mountains and countryside like you see at the Hobbits' Shire in The Lord of the Rings. 


Yep, just give me all of the above and I'll be happy-out-of-my-mind forever.

So like I said, God let me camp at those thoughts for a few days and then uh-oh! He reminded me of the verse, above. He showed me that I've not yet finished my race here ... and that's what I need to concentrate upon, instead. As with everyone else, He's got a specific purpose for me while I'm on Earth--and the better way to spend my time? Seeking Him for all the myriad ways I should be fulfilling that specific purpose, you know, always doing good like Dorcas:


 "In Joppa there was a disciple named Tabitha (in Greek her name is Dorcas); she was always doing good and helping the poor." Acts 9:36

So true.

For you know? More than ever I'm convinced that how we live here will have a huge bearing upon how we'll be and live there. From what I've read and seen, our robes there will even reflect how we allowed God to change us here. And the way we're chosen to serve others in Heaven will be connected to the way we served people on Earth. (Actually? I love helping people with their questions..... Maybe God will place me in a booth at a crossroads in Heaven so I can hand people maps and give out directions. heh.)

How I'm living here, how I'm being--well, it matters. Much. So it behooves me to step-up my Love Walk, especially as these earthly days of 2012 become increasingly evil. As someone said, walking in love is spiritual warfare. Put on love and you've got the best armour, ever, to keep you from falling into the evil all around us. 

So may I put on love--and keep it on--until the day I complete my purpose and finish my race. In joy. And then I'll be ready, prepared, to go flying.


*****************




"Through love, serve one another."  ... Galations 5:13