Saturday, October 23, 2010

Of Choosing To Be Happy

Okay. We are heading out the door for yard sales so I have only, like, two minutes. But. Here is what I was thinking this morning.

I was fondly recalling my happy blogging friends, all five or six of you. heh. And something occurred to me. I'm wondering if we happy people are happy only because we choose to be.

Oh, they (whoever they are) say that some people are born with a sunny disposition, but hey, in 2010? I'm thinking that even a sunny disposition is gonna be challenged Big Time. And if it's the absence of problems that makes a person happy, uh, good luck with that nowadays, too.

So it's the choosing to be happy--even when not all your tiny ducks are in their straight waddling line--that matters. That counts. That will make the difference.

So for you, my fellow bloggers who are mostly happy, mostly walking through this life with a calm delight, I say thanks. You encourage me every single day more than you know.

Really.

5 comments:

Tracy said...

And you encourage me, Debra....more than you know! :)

female, I shit you not! said...

Kind hearts.
Kindred souls. :0)

Debbie V. said...

I think for me in the past 10 years or so - I've been letting myself gravitate towards fun activities and looking for the happy. Previously I was so full of shoulds and have-tos, I didn't have time for fun.

Odie Langley said...

You are an encouragement to me too Debra and I am so glad to be back home and able to catch up somewhat on my friends posts. There were some negatives on the cruise but we chose to be happy and find the good in our days. The happiest point was being reunited with our precious little Rocky. He is so happy to have us home. Hope you found some good deals at the yard sales. Will be uploading some pictures tomorrow and do more catching up on reading.
Odie

Donetta said...

I love that the old pingalim (sp?)swing the sorrow and the happiness are just a swing away both can be present yet the flow never sticks us at one end end for long.