Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sheesh.

Has this ever happened to you?

You keep a relatively neat house. Not spic and span, of course, but straightened and clean in most of the easy-to-see places. Yet invariably, you know that your rather-sloppy-housekeeper-friend/relative, ______, will let you know that there's cat hair in a certain corner of your dining room. Or that you forgot to dust the end table. Or your stove top is looking a little crusty.

I have two people like that in my life. I won't tell you who they are, but their names rhyme with pom and payomee.

Heh.

This is only a test. This is only a test. This is only a test. Will I let that make me feel all insecure? Will I go madly careening around the house, cleaning, thinking, "No one's ever gonna criticize my housekeeping again!"? (Oh, the pride.)

Or will I just smile and see the humor in the whole thing?

"Iron sharpens iron" and all that good stuff............

4 comments:

Tracy said...

LOL! Hmmm, do they live at my house? :)

Name: female, not even with a capital F. I shit you not! said...

My motto is:
One hundred years from now.........who will know you didn't keep an immaculate house.
;0)

Besides............housework is just like the tide.
Comes right back.

Laura said...

My five year old does this all the time. We had a long conversation today about why I wasn't going to pull the stove out and clean behind it.

Annie said...

Hey it seems that all of you have missed out on this important Rule of Life.

He or she who sees/mentions/complains about a housekeeping issue owns it and needs to resolve it themselves.

This is following with an addendum as follows:

She who was graciously allowed to move back home with her pets because she didn't plan well needs to concentrate on running her own life and zipping her lip.

Hope I've been able to clear that up for everyone. :-)

Annie @ The View from 256