Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Oh, When I Listen!


I'm discovering a remarkable thing.

When I listen to that Still, Small Voice and obey it (ah, there's the rub), the wildest things happen:

My bills get paid on time. I don't forget those sorts of things. I make fewer mistakes all-around.

I find myself speaking words people need to hear, when they need to hear them.

The right information, the perfect encouragement arrive exactly when I need them. The right place, right time concept leads me everywhere.

My time and money are spent wisely, with less waste. I even accomplish more with less of each.

I work smarter, not harder.

I worry less, for He assures me everything will be all right.

Oh, to listen and then do things His way, not mine! His ways keep me safe, they lead me to healthy living and kindness toward everyone.

And oh the joy which comes from emptiness of myself and instant obedience--not to what appears right in my own eyes--but His.



*************


John 3:30
He must increase, but I must decrease.


Proverbs 12:15
The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkens unto counsel is wise.

2 comments:

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

Debra~ Thanks so much for sharing. This is something I am striving for. Thanks for the encouraging words,
Lisa :o)

Laurie said...

You are a smart lady! Sometimes we have to learn these lessons the hard way - and sometimes we need to learn them over and over again! Can you tell I am speaking from experience???