Wednesday, February 24, 2010


"My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. "Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests; because you have ignored the law of your God..." ... Hosea 4:6

I think of that verse when people tell me that pesticides used on foods are perfectly lalala safe... that nitrates and phosphates and hydrogenated oils are peachy keen and God will keep us healthy while eating whatever foods we desire as long as we pray over them or pray over ourselves. (Good grief.)

And I think of that verse when Christians say, "We just have to trust God. It doesn't matter if we exercise or save money or take care of this planet or drink clean water or swallow medications by the bucketful or have them injected into us. God is greater than all that stuff."

I think of that verse when, every week, I hear that someone else is now sick with cancer--and people I know personally don't seem to even question why cancer is ravaging bodies in our Country, killing young, otherwise healthy people.

And I think of that verse when people act like they will never, ever reap what they--or the FDA-- have sown, as though God never heard of such a wild thing.

I know, I know..... I'm ranting. But every now and again a person just has to rant, you know?

There. Now I feel better.



*********************

Proverbs 14:8
The wisdom of the prudent is to give thought to their ways, but the folly of fools is deception.


*********************

Need some nutrition and safety information? Dr. Oz has a good website.

Dr. Mercola has a good site, too, but since he pretty much says everything is bad for us, it's best to read him in small doses--if you dare! :)

Both these men will give you health info. at Facebook if you join them there.

*********************

Things will not always be as they have always been.

No comments: