Thursday, November 12, 2009

Good grief.

This morning Tom was surfing our tv's music channels while I was putting on my make-up and he came across the song, There Is A God, sung by Lee Ann Womack. We both loved it. I mean, really loved it.

I thought I'd look it up online so I could share it with you and in my search, I came across this page on which there was a critique of the song and then comments from readers.

And for goodness sake! Sheesh. I was reminded of why I often wish to live a hermit lifestyle and why I sometimes dream about chucking this whole computer world out an opened window.

And I was majorly reminded of this Bible verse:

"But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless." Titus 3:9

Ain't that the truth. I almost never leave a comment where people are criticizing anything having to do with God or godly people. A couple sentences from me is not going to change 20 or 30 years' worth of wrong teaching or bitterness or intellectual mishmash or downright unbelief.

Only prayer and God (and His anointing) can do that.

People, people, people...................gah! I am so amazed that God doesn't throw down a few assorted fireballs from Heaven every single day. Oh, His patience!

Want to see why I'm so irked? Go here. (It was the comments after the article which made me roll my eyes and want never to read another comment again. Ever.)

Oh, and here is the song, There is a God, but this one is sung by Trent Willmon.

3 comments:

Annie said...

YUCK!

I cannot imagine taking the time to sit down and say such ugly things in writing about others. I believe this is proof of the Proverb, "Out of the fullness of hte heart, the mouth speaks" or maybe I should say, the keyboard types.

Annie

Debbie V. said...

I think there is a saying that goes something like..things have to get worse before they get better. It's probably talking about physical illness, but I think it might apply here as well. I didn't actually read the comments, but I have a pretty good idea from others I've seen. Is it going to take another 9-11 or worse before people are back on their knees?

Pat said...

I never fail to feel the shock factor when I read comments like these. I come from a very simple, faith based life, some things aren't meant to be analyzed...but instead taken in faith and with thanksgiving...like rain drops on your tongue.