Saturday, March 14, 2009

Standing... Then Standing Some More

I've warned you that I can find inspiration in the craziest places and I've told you I love the tv series, Stargate Atlantis.

Well.

I'm combining both of these by way of the YouTube link, below. These scenes with Elizabeth Weir make me want to stand and be brave and to stop whining about my tiny problems. In future times I'll need to stand strong so I may as well begin practicing by standing firm (and not boo-hooing) during my current smallish trials. I'll certainly need a warrior spirit rather than a whiner spirit.

Besides, I've noticed when the Stargate Atlantis team is fighting against evil forces, they're certainly not blown away and distracted by facts like their spouse bought six tractors or where the money will come from to concrete the barn floor or whether winter just seems to go on forever. No, they stay focused upon winning the battle and using the skills they've acquired for such a time as this.

The chorus of Stand In The Rain in the video is inspiring, too:

"So stand in the rain

Stand your ground

Stand-up when it's all crashing down

You stand through the pain

You won't drown

And one day, what's lost can be found

You stand in the rain ."


So here is the link, given for those whom it may inspire, too:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfWoWBV9Z_k

**************************
"Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and having done all, to stand." ... Ephesians 6:13


If you falter in times of trouble, how small is your strength! ... Proverbs 24:10

No comments: