Monday, March 30, 2009

I am loving this golden color, for I step into our dining room and feel as though I'm being hugged. Once again I remember that I can change my surroundings to a degree. If I'm feeling overwhelmed in all areas it could be because my imagination has rusted shut from lack of use. Always, daily, there's some kind of change I can make to my life. Always.

There's a Christian message board I've visited for years, one which alternately blesses me and makes me nuts. The 'prophetic portion' of the board is the one I read most and some people there are very wise, sensible and balanced. Others? Well, others, let's just say, ain't. :)

Oh, I'm not speaking of those people who predict about wacky things happening in the future or those who write in such a way that I've no clue what the heck they're saying. (Though there is that.) No, I mean those folks who so easily proclaim that it doesn't matter what difficult times are in our Country's future, they will be fine and dandy and won't worry even a tad. They don't need to have a pantry ready for emergencies, God will provide. It won't matter what tragedies surround them, they'll be able to handle it with a peaceful mind. And there are even those who say good, happy times are ahead and it's going to be one big Christian revival party or that God will be swooping us all away before times get really tough (wouldn't that be nice?). (And yes, I do know about pre-Trib, mid-Trib and post-Trib.)

What do I believe? I believe that today and tomorrow and the next day I need to allow God to prepare my heart for the days to come, these Last Days, as the Bible calls them. I need God to keep 'killing me slowly' as He shows me hourly how to die to self. I need to begin passing my daily tests and stop whining when things don't go the way I expected them. I need to die to all that would make me complain about my tiny hardships so that I won't totally go bonkers when the huge hardships arrive. And I need to grow in compassion and fortitude so that I'll be able to help others in the days and years ahead. (And I'm not even mentioning my issues with laziness and procrastination and ---)

And wow... all of that requires time and stamina and patience and so much more. Can I, today, glibly say that I'll be just hunky dory if some catastrophe hits the U.S.? Truthfully? No, I can't say that. It's all still too fresh in my mind (and in this blog) all the complaining I've done since we moved to this farmhouse eight months ago. Man, I have whined about so many of the decisions Tom has made (did I tell you he has five tractors, and that's after he sold two others??) and there were those two months God made me rest because of all I've faced since October of '07. That, my friends, is a luxury which doesn't usually exist in times of crisis. Oh, how I need Him to toughen me to adversity now, ahead of time.

Am I positive something big and scary is coming soon? No. But I am positive that God wants to, today, prepare me for anything and everything, even if what He shows me appears quite trivial. You never know--the tiny stuff can make a huge difference in God's way of seeing things. His ways are not our ways and they're usually quite opposite so usually we have much relearning and 're-seeing' to do.

And something else I'm certain of? If I cooperate with Him today and tomorrow and next week, I'll be as ready to face anything in the future as I possibly can be.


*********************************
Romans 12:3
"For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith."

Isaiah 41:10 Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice. (Amplified)

**************************

If you'd like to check out that Christian message board I mentioned, please email me at GladOne4@yahoo.com

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

As usual a wonderful post Debra !
Elizabeth
p.s. I will be emailing you about that message board

Tracy said...

It is always wise to be prepared for we never know what the future holds. :)

I will email you...

Anonymous said...

Work is not always required of a man. There is such a thing as sacred idleness, the cultivation of which is now fearfully neglected.
George MacDonald
From...Thoughts on Being at Peace
Helen Exley Selections.

Wilma

Pearl said...

I really love your dinning room Debra, the colors are great. I really think you have hit it when you went with gold and sunshine. Have a great week.

Ann said...

Stopping by to see those walls and they are the same color as Sara's! I like it! I like your post too! Gives me things to think about. Stop over to my blog. I've posted some funny photos of Jackson!

Deborah Raney said...

LOVE that color! I enjoy your decorating ventures so much! It's always a treat to see that you've posted a new photo of your cozy home!