Friday, December 05, 2008

Oh! I so enjoyed this post. Sarah often reminds me of myself during the days when my own Naomi (she has one, too) was tiny and growing.

You might want to check out other blogs in my blogroll--I've added quite a few in the past two weeks.

I'll return later..... but for now, please check out Sarah's post, especially if you have young children.

***
And here's a paragraph from Domestic Affairs, by Joyce Maynard, which goes along well with Sarah's post:

"There's a rhythm mothers--successful mothers, anyway--get into. The pace is slower. You might move pretty fast (you'll do plenty of running), but you never get anywhere fast. You have to be prepared to stop and study a caterpillar for five minutes, or hop up three times in the middle of a conversation to pour juice. Walks are seldom taken in straight lines. Children move as if they had all the time in the world--and the best full-time mothers I know act that way too."

***
My other references to Joyce's, Domestic Affairs, can be found here, here, here and here.

No comments: