Tuesday, October 16, 2007

So That's Why!


So, like, I'm reading my daughter's copy of Kevin Trudeau's book, Natural Cures They Don't Want You To Know About.

Now, don't have a cow. I like this book. In fact, after Naomi found this at a yard sale in July and then read it, she came over here and shared much of the information. And that's when Tom and I began the Going Organic Journey. The timing was, well, perfect.

Anyway, no--I don't believe every single word of this book. Mostly, I'm afraid to believe parts of it, especially what he says about water and the dangers of even bathing in it, not to mention what swimming in chlorinated water can do to ya (made me thankful I never got that swimming pool I've craved for 30 years).

But here's a paragraph I very much believe because I've experienced it all my life:

"Every person emits electromagnetic energy. A person's thoughts are also electromagnetic energy. The human body, especially the brain, is a very powerful transmitter and receiver of electromagnetic energy, This is why you feel good around some people and bad around others. Have you ever noticed that when certain people walk into a room, you can "sense" their presence? There are methods which have not been accepted by the scientific community, which show the electromagnetic field around people and things. These technologies show the positive and negative effects of electromagnetic energy."

For my entire life, I've been sensitive to all that stuff. I've felt uncomfortable around negative people (even on their good days) and many times, I've been able to read their thoughts--to a point--especially when those thoughts are directed toward me. How have I known some of those thoughts were real? Because often the people, themselves, ended up 'spilling the beans' and telling me, usually after a few hours, days, or months. But no matter how a negative person feels about me, I've still always, always had difficulty spending long amounts of time in their company. The discomfort is too much.

And of course, I've felt the good energy coming from positive people, as well, and have always been drawn to them. I've always believed thoughts are powerful--they can make us physically sick or help us view the whole world an entirely better, brighter way.

I was so glad to read that paragraph today. For years I've tried to explain to Tom my feelings and the weird way I can--once in awhile-- appear to read peoples' minds, but I've mostly just pushed it off as a sort of 'womanly intuition' type of thing.

But Kevin's explanation makes better sense. To me, anyway. And I'm not even sure why I'm sharing this, but perhaps it will help ease someone else's mind, as well.


***

Anyone know what I mean?

Hebrews 3:1
Therefore, holy brothers, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, the apostle and high priest whom we confess.

3 comments:

daisymarie said...

Nelson just found this guy's books...I'll have to some exploring. I know what you're talking about. Not only is a "knowing" there also seems to be a draining of energy around some people. I work with a lot of them.

Judy said...

Yes. I DO know what you mean.

Ann said...

I know exactly what you mean. Nice to see it in writing. I've wonder why some people effect me a certain way. Strange and interesting. Dentist for me today. Ugh. Maybe that's why I dislike it so! LOL