Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Question of the Day


I added my post, below, this morning and then thought, "I wonder if anyone has actually found the new Victoria Magazine in a store yet? I've only heard from ladies who've received them inside their mailbox."

So has anyone, as of today, seen a copy of Victoria on a store rack? This morning I searched our local large chain supermarket, but saw nothing... and well, I'd rather not chase all over town if it would only be a fruitless search.

And a special thanks to Mari-Nanci for posting a few pictures from the current issue. Appears very reminiscent of the best of the old days of Victoria...yay!

***
P.S. Ok, I just found out from my friend, Betty, that Victoria is due out on the stands on October 30th. Hmm... I'm hoping I can find it on the 29th, though, since we're flying back from California on the 30th, early I think. But wouldn't that be a great thing--to fly back home with a brand new issue of Victoria to keep my mind off of the flying in a plane part?!

Oh, and if you've received your copy, what did you think?

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I would say whatever it takes to take one's mind off flying these days!! I have not been brave enough to get on a plane for a few years...some of the last trips were just too difficult. I hope your trip goes well! One friend here always flys on Southwest and says she ALWAYS has a good trip...and she flys just about every month.

nancyr said...

I received my copy this week, in the mail, and I was a little disappointed.
There is more advertising than substance.
I was a subscriber years ago, and really liked the magazine, but now I am wondering if it is going to be a waste of twenty dollars.

smilnsigh said...

Hmmm, this is the first negative reaction I have read, to the new Victoria. I was very happy with it.

One thing I think we must remember is ~ many years have gone by, since the original was published. Everything costs more, today. So I don't expect today's version to be the 'same,' as before.

But I was very happily surprised that it is as similar. Lovely aspects like the same script! And lovely quotes. And the articles themselves seem very reminiscent of Victoria of old.

I don't think we can hope for them to completely replicate the original. For example, I'll bet they can't afford the beautiful photography of the wonderful oriental named photographer, so that won't be part of the new.

Anyway, I so hope you give it another viewing, with the cost thing, in mind.

And Debra, I so hope you will appreciate it, for all it does give us, again. Such a happy happening! We have Victoria back! :-)

Mari-Nanci

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

I really enjoyed my copy. The editor was a big fan of the original and has gone to great lengths to make it have the same look and feel.

Leah said...

I love it!!! It does have a lot of ads, but overall feels very much like the old Victoria. I read it in bed by flashlight the other night so that I wouldn't wake the baby up.:)

BTW, I don't think I've ever commented on your blog before, but I read it all the time and have been so blessed, inspired and encouraged by your insights. I am in a similar place as you right now with a very uncertain future/pending move/not knowing exactly when or where. Learning to trust is a daily process. But God is good, all the time!