Monday, October 15, 2007


I'm still here...

I think Tom and I are getting old. I mean, we have a couple favorite diners in town now and it's high entertainment for us to eat breakfast at either. And well, isn't that what old people do? But whatever, my favorite diner has a long framed sketch of Laurel and Hardy and Buster Keaton and Charlie Chaplin eating at a diner counter. I stare at that and feel as though those funny, long-gone men are actually inside the room eating with us. And too, at that diner there's a waitress who reminds me so much of one of my oldest friends, a friend I've not seen in 19, or so, years. Always I come away feeling as though I've spent time with her (though I keep forgetting to email her about this waitress).

Speaking of forgetting, I really should step up my consumption of fish and fish oil tablets because my memory is, well, deplorable lately. In fact, this weekend I searched online for a list of pre-menopausal symptoms and when I saw that yes! forgetfulness was on the list, I woo-hoo'ed loudly enough for all the neighbors to hear. And breathed a breath of relief.

Everything in my life is still up in the air, and well, we're wondering (truth be told) if we're really meant to move to Richmond after all. The Grace seems to be seeping away, let's just say. But oh well... we'll see. We are so in the one-day-at-a-time mode and in a way, it's becoming more comfortable. But in other ways and on some days, well, not so much.

Stay tuned.

No comments: