Thursday, January 18, 2007

January Morning Lights


There I was in my dream room eating breakfast on the little bed table and reading, when I glanced out of the windows and saw--amazingly--that the huge trees looked as though they'd been strung with glowing peach lights.

So I gasped and grabbed my plate of eggs (so the cats wouldn't eat them) and at breakneck speed raced down the stairs (in my long nightgown and robe which I don't recommend), swirled through the kitchen, into the back porch, then down the other stairs to the basement (where we keep the camera because it would be too convenient to keep it where we'd actually use it)... where I shoved the camera card into the camera then swung the strap around my neck.... ran back up the stairs to the kitchen where Tom stood in the doorway so I had to say, "Outta the way! Outta the way!"... and raced to the front door which I pulled hard to open (long story) and stood on the porch and snapped pictures.

But alas, the light had changed (doesn't it always?) and half of the lights had gone out on the trees.

I hate it when that happens.

So oh well.... I did want to share at least one picture with you and as with all my pictures, please try to see everything in your mind twice as nice as it appears.

No comments: