Thursday, September 14, 2006

Jericho: Just For Fun


If you are just lounging around your computer keyboard with 45 minutes (or so) of absolutely nothing to do (heh), you may want to watch the first episode online of Jericho. You can watch it in its entirety here.

Early this morning I made some coffee for Tom and myself, then with mugs in hand, we stepped down here to our basement office to watch Jericho. We enjoyed it--much. Already we cannot wait to see what happens next, liking cliff-hanger endings as we do.

But then, too, I have always liked Gerald McRaney, beginning with Simon and Simon, and every other show in which I've watched him. And in Jericho, his last name is Green, which, having been a huge Promised Land fan, I realized immediately was his same Promised Land last name. Hmmm... obviously they did that purposely for those of us who have no life and delight in pointing out such tiny tv trivia to people who couldn't care less. Though, if you want to get technical, on Promised Land, Green was spelled with an "e," at the end, (according to IMDB, the see-all, know-all website for all things connected with entertainment).

Anyway.............. As I said (many wasted words ago), Tom and I thought Jericho showed promise of being an interesting series, though of course, nowadays you hesitate to recommend anything to anyone, lest it turn into something else altogether. Speaking of which, near the end, Gerald McRaney's speech had the sound of Promised Land draped all over it.

But you won't hear me complaining about that part.

I'm still waiting anxiously for Promised Land to be released on dvd.

No comments: