Wednesday, July 12, 2006

One of Those Days


Yesterday was one of those days I hope to forget soon. In fact, when I write about it in my diary I'll try to sum it up in one sentence--I won't want to recall the horrid details in years to come.

Things are better at our house this morning... Like a calm after the noisy storm... We are talking, not arguing... and hopefully not just because I got only 4 hours of sleep and am too tired to argue anymore. I hope it's because of more than that.

We are throwing around some ideas 'outside of the box.' That's all I want right now... to consider some plans we can both get excited about (as Dr. Phil would say).

I began painting the trim and furniture in my upstairs room last night--both white. Painting is so very therapeutic and I always feel as though God's hand is around mine taking the paint brush up and down and up and down... and there is nothing like that, or like stepping back and seeing clean, new results. And at 5:30 this morning, I got the paint out again and slapped it on while listening to the movie, Harvey (more therapy, that wonderful film).

Thanks so much for all your comments and prayers concerning my last post! We'd appreciate further prayer that this morning's peace would remain as we seek to discover the next steps God wants us to take. My greatest fear? Running with our own ideas, not His. He's never obligated to bless what He never ordained in the first place.

No comments: